• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help Needed: Hellcat Swap / Advice

hogpowr

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been driving and running track days with my heavily modified 70 challenger. Currently it has a big block and a Tremec 5 speed, but the engine is hurt. I'm giving serious consideration into a Speedtech front stub with coil overs and a hell cat crate engine.

Can anyone give me some basic high level ideas on places or companies to contact. I am capable of the work. So where should i look first.

my major questions:
hellcat wiring harness and ECU. Who can build one and what basics do i need?
I have a TKO600 that has been upgraded to handle the Big Block power. is there a Tremec / Hellcat bell housing?
I will run some sort of a new tubular front stub / coil over / rack n pinion. Who makes oil pans? are hellcats bolt patterns same as other 5.7/6.2/6.4 hemi's
Headers. do all the new late model hemi's use the same header bolt pattern?

What else am i missing?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Having done a few different swaps ,
The header bolt pattern is the same , Milodon makes the oil pan there is another company also , Holley has a lot of support now for Gen 3 swaps . The belhousing is similar to the LA / Magnum small block so those can be used .

hogpowr

Reaction score
Thank you Chryco Psycho. to confirm, new hemi bellhousing bolt pattern is same as LA/Magnum?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I am not aware that they have changed that , it would make no sense after 16 years to alter it after designing the interchangability but I am not positive

hogpowr

Reaction score
what about a throttle? if i go with a hell cat i assume i have to run a throttle by wire? Is that something that can be purchased after market, or do i need to find a charger / challenger hell cat pedal?

scar426

Reaction score
what about a throttle? if i go with a hell cat i assume i have to run a throttle by wire? Is that something that can be purchased after market, or do i need to find a charger / challenger hell cat pedal?
talk to Chris at Hotwireauto.com. very knowledgeable, they have a harness setup for the hellcat with the 8 spd auto, but im sure he can help you out with some manual info. I've used their 5/7l and 6/4l harnesses with no issues. CHRYSLER HOT ROD HARNESSES

hogpowr

Reaction score
Thanks scar426. I'll give chris a call.

anyone else with things to think about.. or issue you have run into that would help me?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
with some 3rd gen engines the Altrnator sits low on the right side so the lip on the frame rail will need to be notched out for clearance , there are drive kits allowing different positioning but this may not be possible with the supercharger .

Last edited:
Back