• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help with online parts sales please.

NorsebyNW

Reaction score
I have numerous e body items I'm wanting to sell and preferably locally. Some I've advertised here and others on Craigslist. The issue is I'm getting interest from all over the country. If you've had experience selling online I'd appreciate learning from your experience. What's the safest most secure way to sell both for me as the seller and for the buyer so the transaction is satisfactory for both parties? How do you handle shipping? Some items are rather large, fragile and even heavy. What have you found works the best for those types of items? I've sold items in the past via eBay but smaller more easily manageable items. My experience with this stuff just isn't enough to make me comfortable with it so I'm reaching out to those of you more experienced. Thank you in advance for your time.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I have sold online for years. I ship smaller items through USPS and larger ones through FedEx. Packing things so they don't get damaged is key. I only use PayPal. I'm sure there are other ways for shipping and payments that work just as well. I use what I use under the thought if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

NorsebyNW

Reaction score
I have sold online for years. I ship smaller items through USPS and larger ones through FedEx. Packing things so they don't get damaged is key. I only use PayPal. I'm sure there are other ways for shipping and payments that work just as well. I use what I use under the thought if it isn't broken, don't fix it.
Thank you very much for your input, greatly appreciated.

70chall440

Reaction score
I have sold a number of things online over the years and all I can tell you is post a lot of pictures and be completely upfront about every item, nick, scrap, etc. bc there are far too idiots out there who "think" they want something and then when they get it they are upset especially if the item is expensive.

Shipping - in addition to UPS look at USPS "if it fits it ships" boxes. Also always get tracking numbers and insure the package.

NorsebyNW

Reaction score
I have sold a number of things online over the years and all I can tell you is post a lot of pictures and be completely upfront about every item, nick, scrap, etc. bc there are far too idiots out there who "think" they want something and then when they get it they are upset especially if the item is expensive.

Shipping - in addition to UPS look at USPS "if it fits it ships" boxes. Also always get tracking numbers and insure the package.
Appreciate the great information and will definitely benefit from your prior experience and knowledge, thank you.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I usually use paypal as well but when not using pp I will accept and send personal checks to folks.
Paypal is now on a spying campaign against it's patrons to limit the money used for "misinformation". I'm trying to phase out paypal because of my ethics, morals and belief's.
When someone wants a large item and you agree on a price you will need to take the item to get a shipping quote for the buyer. With large items I have found that it is best to pay the fedEx company to package the item for me. When they are damaged they will actually insure the item if they packed it. If you pack it and send it through fedex and it gets damaged, regardless of insurance, they will not pay for it. I've had this happen with a few dash's in the past. Lesson learned. Have them pack them.
Shipping will kill sales sometimes. Sucks to get a price agreed upon and come back to the buyer and say it's gonna cost ya 150 bucks to send it and then they back out because of the shipping price.
Up here in the mountains of Colorado, we just have to pay shipping for anything to come up the hill. Fact of life and willing to pay shipping to live in such a pretty place.

NorsebyNW

Reaction score
I usually use paypal as well but when not using pp I will accept and send personal checks to folks.
Paypal is now on a spying campaign against it's patrons to limit the money used for "misinformation". I'm trying to phase out paypal because of my ethics, morals and belief's.
When someone wants a large item and you agree on a price you will need to take the item to get a shipping quote for the buyer. With large items I have found that it is best to pay the fedEx company to package the item for me. When they are damaged they will actually insure the item if they packed it. If you pack it and send it through fedex and it gets damaged, regardless of insurance, they will not pay for it. I've had this happen with a few dash's in the past. Lesson learned. Have them pack them.
Shipping will kill sales sometimes. Sucks to get a price agreed upon and come back to the buyer and say it's gonna cost ya 150 bucks to send it and then they back out because of the shipping price.
Up here in the mountains of Colorado, we just have to pay shipping for anything to come up the hill. Fact of life and willing to pay shipping to live in such a pretty place.
I'm so grateful for all the information you've given. I believe it's best to learn from others experience. What you've shared is priceless, thank you.

i_taz

Reaction score
Shipping has shot up over the last 5 yrs even USPS but that's out of your hands. As for describing it's condition over emphasize the defects, scratches etc. and the customer will be happier when they actually get it and it's better than they expected. That's what built ebay up in the beginning but that ethic degraded as it's popularity grew....

NorsebyNW

Reaction score
Shipping has shot up over the last 5 yrs even USPS but that's out of your hands. As for describing it's condition over emphasize the defects, scratches etc. and the customer will be happier when they actually get it and it's better than they expected. That's what built ebay up in the beginning but that ethic degraded as it's popularity grew....
Duly noted and will most definitely be taken in to consideration. Many thanks for your time.

Back