• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help with title!!!

Border Agent

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea on how to get a title in Texas?? I bought an 318 Barracuda in Oklahoma this past January and the owner said he had the title, but a few months later said he could not find it. The only thing he gave was an Oklahoma DMV Bill of sale, which the only thing he did was signed it. Anyways, Does anyone know how i can get one?? Do some of those Title Services work??

burdar

Reaction score
Call the Texas DMV and ask them. Every state is different. Some states don't even issue a title for older cars. You may have to ask the seller to get a duplicate title made. He's the one who should have to do that since he lost the title.

B

Benji

Does anyone have an idea on how to get a title in Texas?? I bought an 318 Barracuda in Oklahoma this past January and the owner said he had the title, but a few months later said he could not find it. The only thing he gave was an Oklahoma DMV Bill of sale, which the only thing he did was signed it. Anyways, Does anyone know how i can get one?? Do some of those Title Services work??

I used www.broadwaytitle.com several years ago with excellent results. My mother purchased an old house out in the middle of nowhere and there was an old car in the basement garage. The owner of the house had died and his widow was in a nursing home with Alzheimers. They had no children and since the taxes had not been paid by anyone for several years the house was sold at a sheriff's auction to pay the taxes. She gave me the car but there was no title to be found and even if it could have been found there was really no way to get a legitimate signature. Basically all I provided to them was documentation that the car was not stolen, (I had a police report stating that) and a bill of sale from my mother with the VIN on it.

Benji

marksmopars

Reaction score
Border agent - Not certain about texas, but have been through this in minnesota and would think it was similar. First thing I did was go to the vehicle registration place, same place where you get your license and get the proper form! Ihad to fill in the title application form, lost title I think it was called, also a form on how I got the car without a title to start with. They required me to provide pictures of all four sides and picture of last license plate if available. I sent these in with a copy of my purchase receipt, similar to what you indicated you have, and of course some dollars. It cost me $86 plus another $90 for collectors plates. They told me that I would receive a letter which would require that I purchase a bond against possible stolen car. Then after that would get some sort of title papers allowing me to drive the vehicle. I took the most unflattering pictures I could to send as a precaution. I received a clear title in the mail a couple of months later, must have been the pictures as it looked like a piece of junk, anyway that is how it worked here and can't believe it would be too different there, especially if the car was actually owned by the guy you bought it from, you should be able to get a clean title for the beast. Good luck and post some pictures, guys here like that!

Back