• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

hemi cuda question

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I would pursue legal action against the dealer.they sold a falsified vehicle. they didn't follow federal and state laws! As far as the car it's collateral damage in the legal system. maybe Appeal to the legal system and have a reconstruction title issued.

70chall440

Reaction score
Back when I was still active in law enforcement I took a class on stolen vehicles. The instructor (a Federal Agent) told us that all U.S. made cars had the V.I.N. stamped somewhere on the frame or unibody that was not disclosed to the general public. He claimed that he could tell if a car had been 'rebadged' and if he found one that had, it was automatically seized and usually destroyed. I certainly wouldn't risk putting my money into that kind of endeavor!
I am sure there are some cars that fall into this but when it comes to A, B, and E bodies I think the number locations are pretty well known. I always got the feeling that the "hidden from the public" was a bluff used by LEA to provide some fear.

heminut

Reaction score
I am sure there are some cars that fall into this but when it comes to A, B, and E bodies I think the number locations are pretty well known. I always got the feeling that the "hidden from the public" was a bluff used by LEA to provide some fear.
I don't think he was bluffing, he was teaching fellow LEOs. He told us that if we got into a case and needed to know where to look on that particular car we could call him and he would help us out with the info we needed. Doesn't sound like a bluff to me, but what the hell do I know?

70chall440

Reaction score
I don't think he was bluffing, he was teaching fellow LEOs. He told us that if we got into a case and needed to know where to look on that particular car we could call him and he would help us out with the info we needed. Doesn't sound like a bluff to me, but what the hell do I know?
Sorry, I didn't write that very clearly. I agree with you that the instructor was/is sincere. What i was getting at was that the idea of "hidden numbers" has been floating around for a long time but when it comes to classic cars the number locations are typically well known. This might not be true for all brands and models but it is as it relates to American muscle cars.

Wasn't trying to disparage the instructor or LEO for that matter and in the grander sense, many do not know where any of the numbers are so I guess that "hidden" is a relative term :)

Cuda416

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't write that very clearly. I agree with you that the instructor was/is sincere. What i was getting at was that the idea of "hidden numbers" has been floating around for a long time but when it comes to classic cars the number locations are typically well known. This might not be true for all brands and models but it is as it relates to American muscle cars.

Wasn't trying to disparage the instructor or LEO for that matter and in the grander sense, many do not know where any of the numbers are so I guess that "hidden" is a relative term :)

That are now, largely due to the internet.... Not back in the day.

Back