• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hemi throttle cable

Bstoker87

Reaction score
I currently have my uncle's 70 Cuda in my possession and have noticed a odd issue with the idle hanging. After pulling the shaker assembly off i noticed the throttle cable almost does a full loop before connecting to the carb linkage.

This car was originally a 340 car so I'm not sure if the cables are different but this one seems to long and is causing some issues.

Can anyone post a picture of the factory cable on the engine side so I can get a better idea of what might be my issue.

tonysrt

Reaction score
My 71 Cuda was an original 383 car and I've used the same cable with a 440 and a Hemi with a single 4 barrel, dual quads and now with the Elelbrock 2 throttle barrel pro flo F.I., it does loop a little but not excessive. I also had Fi Tech with 2 throttle barrels on it and never had an issue.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The Pioneer cables in this chart may help you determine which cable is needed for your application. The 340/440-6 cable is for reference and others who may need that info.

Throttle Cables_Mopar for Pioneer Part Numbers.jpg

6361545-340440-6ThrottleCableMeasuremens.jpg

Last edited:
Back