• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi, I’m looking for a good replacement exhaust for my 70 Challenger 318/904 for factory manifolds back. Any one preferred over another

homey-o

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to replace an exhaust system on a 70 Callenger 318/904. I would like dual exhaust from the manifolds back. Thanks

Xcudame

Reaction score
Do you want to keep your stock exhaust manifolds? I ask because they are going to be a cork in the flow. TTI is the best. If course they aren't cheap but pretty much certain to fit.

homey-o

Reaction score
Do you want to keep your stock exhaust manifolds? I ask because they are going to be a cork in the flow. TTI is the best. If course they aren't cheap but pretty much certain to fit.
I think I will keep the manifolds, it’s such a nice driver but the exhaust is shot.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Go with 2.5" head pipes off the exhaust manifolds for about 3 feet then going to 2" after. You want to get as much flow as possible. Remember the 1st generation Neons had 2.5" exhaust!

Xcudame

Reaction score
There's a whole nother topic on X vs H pipe, but in short from what I've read, the X pipe makes a couple more horsepower and is louder than the H pipe. But the H pipe is factory on the 440 and Hemi. It comes down to what you prefer, A few horsepower or a nice balanced sound. Uh oh! I might have revealed to be prejudice to the H pipe! Either will work fine.

mrmopar340

Reaction score
There's a whole nother topic on X vs H pipe, but in short from what I've read, the X pipe makes a couple more horsepower and is louder than the H pipe. But the H pipe is factory on the 440 and Hemi. It comes down to what you prefer, A few horsepower or a nice balanced sound. Uh oh! I might have revealed to be prejudice to the H pipe! Either will work fine.
I figured if they were used on cars from the factory there was a reason. Those Ramchargers probably had something to do with them being on production cars. I think they help the torque on the motor, but I do like mine.

Back