• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hi there from across the Pond

Mopar Pete

Reaction score
Hello to everyone!

I am new to this Forum, but have been into Mopars for many years.

My first Mopar was a '71 Barracuda Convertible, a 318 car that I ruined and stuffed a 440+6 into it!

I think I have had around 35 Mopars since then.

I currently have a 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 440 4bbl - matching numbers engine.

I also have a '72 Challenger (with a '70 Front end) that I Drag race when I can find the time (and more importantly when it isn't broken!)

All the best and drive safe!

Pete

Mopar Pete

Reaction score
Ahhh-Haaa!!!

The 'Cuda at the De Havilland air museum - the makers of the Tiger Moth ad of course the Mosquito....

Attachments

• Cuda at DH Mueum.jpg
    Cuda at DH Mueum.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 100

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Nice! Looks like you are having fun with them, especially the Challenger! Do you have a auto or 4 speed in that 'Cuda?

Mopar Pete

Reaction score
The 'Cuda has a 4 speed in it, but came out of the factory as an Auto.

Funnily enough, this afternoon I started ripping the 4 speed out of it to put a TF8 with a reverse manual Pattern VB in it to make it more bearable in traffic.

It also means that both cars will be set up the same leading to fewer errors on my part....

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Yes the auto is better if you have a lot of stop and go, But nothing is as fun shifting through the gears yourself when you are out on the open black top like a 4 speed! Is your Challenger racer all sheet metal and what are your elapse times in the quarter?

Mopar Pete

Reaction score
Well, we went in the 'Cuda to Brands Hatch - a famous roundy-roundy track yesterday for a show.

We were in a queue (stationary) for the river crossing for about 45 minutes, and then in a crawl for about another 40 minutes.... I'm done!

The Challenger runs the quarter in 9.7 seconds on the motor (no power adders permitted, or indeed Methanol) with a Terminal speed of 140mph.... thanks for your interest.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Sounds very cool. Post some pics when you have time. 👍🏻

Back