• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Holley 4792 Center Carb work for a Manual 340 Six Pack Set Up?

Rover125

Reaction score
I need a center carb to complete my 340 six pack set up. I have posted a “wanted” in an effort to find a Holley 4791 but they are hard to come by. The Holley 4792 can still be purchased. Since the 4972 is available and I am not concerned about “correct” carb number set up will this work for a manual? I know the 4972 is listed for a auto trans. Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Yes the carb will work & they are very tunable , likely the difference is is will handle lower vacuum idling in gear with an auto where the 4 spd doesn't need to deal with this so the air bleeds are a bit different .

spchallenger340

Reaction score
Yes the carb will work & they are very tunable , likely the difference is is will handle lower vacuum idling in gear with an auto where the 4 spd doesn't need to deal with this so the air bleeds are a bit different .
Could you tell me the difference between the 340 and the 440 end 500 carburetors ... I know the serial numbers are different but are the internal parts different and last but least can I use the 440 six-pack end carbs on my 340 since you can no longer purchase the 340 six-pack end carbs .. just the centers 350 carbs are still for sale new
... Thanks

Back