• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

How are Cuda road lights switched on?

a-merry-can

Reaction score
This might be a really stupid question, but how are the road lights triggered? I don't see a second switch. My bulbs are fine, but they don't go on with the headlights.

a-merry-can

Reaction score
That mounts under the dash, correct? I’ll have to check when I get home. Guessing I’m going to need one.

Slotts

Reaction score
What model year do you have? The 70 and 71 road lamp switch, wiring and relay are all different for those two year. The only thing in common is the plastic fog light bezel. It really is an apples and oranges difference. The 70 road lamps could be used with the high beams on. In 71, power to drive the road lamps came from the low beams only. So they automatically would turn off if the high beams went on and turned back on when the high beams were turned off. Just like modern day cars with road lamps.

The switch mounts into the D shaped hole along with a small hole for the bezel pin to help keep it straight on the bottom dash frame rail between the door and the steering column.

Jim

Back