• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

How often are Yearone specials?

zeus

Reaction score
Hello. I just got a yearone coupon in the mail (for ordering my first yearone big catalog). It is 30% off if I buy over 1k. My order would be right around 1k. The only problem is it expires in a few days and money is tight right now. I am wondering if anyone can shed some light if they send these coupons all the time? Or is this really something I need to jump on? Thanks.

ps. buying lower 1/4 patch panels, seat covers front and rear, carpet, headliner, and maybe a few odds and ends for my 73 'cuda.

burdar

Reaction score
Year One has a 25% dicount code all the time. I beieve it's EBODY. To get the 25% you have to have an order above$1000. If it's below $1000 the discount is 15%.

Also, check out some other smaller companies. Most of them have beter pricing then Year One. Here are some companies that I've done business with.

R/T Specialties
BE&A
ECS AUtomotive
AMHightechauto
Tony's Parts
Dante's
Rosevillemoparts
Mega Parts
Fine Lines

TinCuda

Reaction score
You might look into the interior kits that Dantes sells. If you have the cash to buy it all at once, the package deal might save you some money.

Legendary auto interiors sales really good stuff and a lot of smaller dealers get their stuff from them. It maybe cheaper to buy direct. It would be better if you had any problems that needed to be resolved.

AMD sells body parts. You might check them out.

Classic Industries has a lot of good stuff if you want a one stop shopping like Year One. Classic Industries will send you a free paper catalogue just for the asking.

Last edited:

zeus

Reaction score
I checked out all the above included sites. I still found yearone to be the best in price. The close 2nd was classic industries.

I liked dante's because they had a "kit" containing everything, but their prices wasn't as competitive.

Anyone ever compare the quality of the products from classic industires and yearone? I think if I found a good coupon (i checked retailmenot) classic industries would almost the same price.

edit: I have yet to calculate the rosevillemoparts.com prices because I could pick up parts from them rather than have them shipped

Last edited:

TinCuda

Reaction score
I have bought things from both Year One and Classic Industries. I have no complaints from either.

I got my seat covers from legendary, great quality.

Reproduction decals from ecs or Performance Car Graphics.

I will try to add more as I think of it.

TinCuda

Reaction score
You might check out Summit Racing. I was surprised how much reproduction stuff they have and good prices.

That is where I got my door/trunk weather stripping kit.

Check them out.

Also Dale's cuda shop gives 15% discount for forum members.
Just type the word "ebodies" into the online order sheet.

Last edited:

burdar

Reaction score
With the discount codes Year One is inline with the other companies prices. Without it they are higher. What you have to worry about is their shipping and handling charges. Year One is usually a lot more money. They also get their parts from the cheapest supplier. You might not be comparing apples to apples. For instance, YO sells gasket kits. They bought them from a company that is trying to pass off their gaskets for the ones made by DMT. They went as far as steeling DMT's pictures. If you are looking for gaskets, by them dirrect from James at Detroit Muscle Technologies.

The only thing I bought from YO was all new wiring harnesses because they have an exclusive contract with M&H Wiring. They make the best replacement harnesses.

I forgot about Dales Cuda Shop...Herb's Parts and Legendary. I bought my headliner dirrect from Legendary but bought the rest of my interior from one of their dealers. He was running a group buy on Legendary products and I got a pretty good deal.

Buy from who ever you want. I just like spending my money with the smaller companies. You usually get better service from them. It's nice to go to some of the bigger shows and talk to them in person.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
edit: I have yet to calculate the rosevillemoparts.com prices because I could pick up parts from them rather than have them shipped[/QUOTE]

Just curious, below your avatar it says you're located in CA but RosevilleMoparts is in the Detroit area, do you travel back and forth between the 2?
I have gotten some of the best deals on parts through David Radcliff over at Roseville.

zeus

Reaction score
Ok, now I feel foolish. I didn't even look at the website really well. I thought it was roseville, ca. Whoops!

As for the parts, the wife told me to wait til after christmas. Amazon has this sweet toolbar option that lets you put ANYTHING on your amazon wish list. So my amazon wish list is full of 'cuda goodies now :)

MIKESonMOPAR

Reaction score
I'm just starting out on my '73 Cuda as well, my seats have no more support in them. Where can i get new seats? Feels like I'm sitting on the floor!

burdar

Reaction score
I'm just starting out on my '73 Cuda as well, my seats have no more support in them. Where can i get new seats? Feels like I'm sitting on the floor!

The seat foam was changed in 73 to a moulded design. The seat foam isn't replaceable like the earlier years. You have two options. You can find some different seats with better foam.......or you can have an upholstery shop rebuild your existing foam.

Back