• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

hurst pistol grip markings

fredscuda

Reaction score
Hi guys
Not technically tranny question, I have 2 70era pistol grip setups one I know is from my AAR. a when i took it apart I found a large "H" stamped under the handles,on the AAR. the other one does not, Other one was out of a A-bdy, and i know it wasnt offersed in A body, was changed . Does anybody know what the H stands for? Both handles have the #7220 on them and the mechinism has 7180 stamped on the reverse tab/ actuator.I would like to know what the # mean? 089.jpg019.jpg012.jpg003.jpg002.jpg

089.jpg

019.jpg

012.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

fredscuda

Reaction score
Matt,
My terms for parts may be off, both handles have 7220 stamped at the bottom. Both shift units have 7180 stamped on the reverse tab. The levers,part that attaches to the trans have 3 digit # Abody-967 rev, 366 3/4, 367 1/2. AAR-Missing rev linkage and tab but know # and its special ? 366 3/4, 367 1/2. Seems like everything is special,dread rebuilding the TA steering box, probably have to cut down a rubber tree to get the right O-ring HA HA. Still the point is the large H under the grip from the AAR.
Thanks
Fred

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I show the mechanisms with the 7180 reverse levers are for '70 to '74 E bodies and '71 to '74 B bodies. I have no idea what the H stands for but if you really want to know you should call Gunslinger.

Moparparts

Reaction score
The 4-speed reverse lerver on an AAR or T/A is Part number 3410368...This lever is stamped 368 for reverse. I just had a handle i replaced on my T/A and it had the H stamped on it as well.

fredscuda

Reaction score
Hi,
Have you ever heard what it stands for?

Also, I noticed that the 3/4 gear levers on the shifter mech, are not the same size. The lever on the one from the AAR is larger than on the other mech, will try to get the pics on first post.

072.jpg

073.jpg

Last edited:

fredscuda

Reaction score
Matt,
Talked with jason from gunslinger and he said he never heard of the "H" but moparparts said he had the grips replaced on his TA and it aalso had a "H" stamped on the handle, could this be something specific that we dont know about . like i said ,not on the other shifter
Fred

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If Jason didn't know anything about it I'm not sure anybody would. my guess is its just a manufacturing stamp that doesn't have any importance to it. As an example, maybe these were being stamped at two different locations and one was stamping the H while the other wasn't. If issues with the parts post production they could then remove the grip to see what plant each piece was stamped in. Pure speculation.

Back