• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ID these seats?

Mikes72

Reaction score
These seats were in my 72 Challenger when I bought it. I’m not sure the style was an option for a Challenger but I really like the look of them. Obviously, you can see they need to be redone so I’d like to find these seat covers if they are available.

I’d appreciate y’all’s help identifying them.

Thanks,
Mike.

IMG_4072.jpeg

EV2RTSE

Reaction score
That pattern was never offered in an e-body. That diamond stuff was popular in the 80s, lots of seats got recovered the same way in these cars. You’d probably have to check with an auto interior shop to see if they could source a similar material. The seats themselves could very well be originals, but oftentimes too seats were swapped out over the years. Would be helpful to see the seat backs and release levers or buttons as well.

Last edited:

Mikes72

Reaction score
Here are a couple more pics of the release button and the back of the seat. The seat back covers are in the storage unit right now. I can snap a pic this weekend when I’m there.

IMG_4074.jpeg

IMG_4073.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The frames are likely 70-71 with the removable back panel , after that they had soft backs .
An upholsterer should be able to create something similar for you .

EW1BH27

Reaction score
That small release button is 1972 style. Search through the link and you'll find the picture I cropped and lightened.

release1.jpg

1972-plymouth-cuda.jpg

Mikes72

Reaction score
This is all great info guys. The mystery of the diamond-stitched seats is starting to become clearer.

Please continue to add your comments and insight.

Back