• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD instrument panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparcuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
for sale 70 challenger instrument,in exellent condition,remove 25 years ago and alway store in my house,$90.plus the ride 70 challenger dash.jpg

70 challenger dash.jpg

downtime!

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yves, the gauge panel arrived today. Every bit as clean as you described, maybe even a little better! Thanks, this will look great in the Challenger.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
downtime, that is a 70 gauge cluster. You have to use that bezel with that cluster. You can't use your 71 bezel with it.

downtime!

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realized that as soon as I opened the box. No issues though, the bezel is in much better shape than mine, plus, it has that clock. Seriously thinking about experimenting with some LED lights in the gauges themselves though. What was Ma thinking when she designed teh dash lights in these cars?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ma Mopar was thinking 70's style. There are some real advantages to modern technology. I would think the lights on the guages would shine in the drivers eyes. I have updated the light bar with LEDs. It is much brighter on the gauges and it is not seen. The factory wiring works fine since the LED's take less power than the incandescent bulbs.

Last edited:

downtime!

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ma Mopar was thinking 70's style. There are some real advantages to modern technology. I would think the lights on the guages would shine in the drivers eyes. I have updated the light bar with LEDs. It is much brighter on the gauges and it is not seen. The factory wiring works fine since the LED's take less power than the incandescent bulbs.
You found LED bulbs that plug into the stock hole on the light bar? Haven't sen them, just the 194 base stuff. I'll do some more looking on the website.

downtime!

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a little more digging on superbrightleds.com and found several different configurations. Picked up a few different types to try. It will be nice to be able to see the gauges at night.

mmissile

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The direct lighting of the e-bodies was the ****, back in the day. The whole interior glowed green at night. Unlike the bland monkey-see....monkey-do world of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back