• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Intake Manifold Temp Sensor Plug

PushBackJack

Reaction score
Hey peeps. I was trying to install an aftermarket temp sending unit today but had a little trouble. I attempted to remove a plug from the intake manifold of my stock 340 and it appears to be an odd size. 3/8” appears too big while 1/4” is too small. Is there a special size for this? Messed with one on my 440 a while ago and 3/8” worked just fine. Thanks in advance for any assistance here.
6E01D91D-3476-423D-B971-681BB74AD3B3.jpeg

tonysrt

Reaction score
Is that a stock manifold, Mopar brand? If its a pipe plug should be 3/8 pipe thread. Is temp. sender 3/8 pipe? I have senders with Metric threads for foreign cars. Try a regular pipe plug when you remove old one from manifold.

PushBackJack

Reaction score
Sorry guys. I was talking about the square plug itself and not the thread size. I would think a 3/8” ratchet to fit but it seems too big.

tonysrt

Reaction score
That makes a big difference. Maybe grind down a small 3/8 extension to fit. There are special wrenches for that but you'll probably spend a lot of time looking for it.

Back