• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

interior color

davesb372

Reaction score
Hi all,
I started working on my 72 Challenger. I'm going to need to reupholster the seats, get new door and rear panels, headliner, dash (cap or new dash pad?) I've been looking at different suppliers and have a few questions for you in the know. My build sheet lists the interior color as B6B5 under trim code. Is this what most suppliers refer to as bright blue?
My front seats are one of the non original things on my car, I believe they are from a 70 Challenger. Question, can I just order 72 upholstery and use it? Was there a difference in seat shape year to year? The body paint code is B I'll try to add pictures of what I have. The body paint code is B3 and the top is V1W. Car looks to have been repainted once.

72Challengerseat.jpg

72Challengerrearseat.jpg

72Challengerheadliner.jpg

72Challengerdash.jpg

72Challengerdoor.jpg

burntorange70

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the seats are different. could just order covers for the seat year you have in the color you need. I would give Legindary a call. They should be able to help you. Or you may be able to traid for the seats you need. Think 70 seats are worth more than 72's are.

moparleo

Reaction score
I bought my 72 Challenger back in 1978. It was in mint condition inside and out. Petty blue with white vinyl top and blue interior. 318 w/air, p/s, p/d/b,etc... looks like yours now. The point is that the plastics that were used 40+ years ago had a bad problem of fading, and/or turning to dust. The only color that has stood the test of time is black. Something about the dyes used or something. There are a few mfgs. out there reproducing the plastics now but they are generaling available in black or white. They can successfully be dyed now with excellent results. The seats and upholstery are different designs and the foam inserts , seat backs and release mechanisms are not the same. Do you plan on doing this for possible future value? If not, you will find it a lot easier and affordable to just go with black . Just FYI Thats what I ended up doing with mine. I still have it 34 years later. Point is I got it to keep not to sell. For investment you would want to go 70 or 71. 72 and later were down on power, less engine options, more smog equipment, 73 and up 5 mph bumpers, plastic sidemarkers etc...

davesb372

Reaction score
Thanks all, just looking to make a fun driver. So I think I'll just recover the 70 seats with 70 material and stay blue.

70Hardtop

Reaction score
...72 and later were down on power, less engine options, more smog equipment, 73 and up 5 mph bumpers, plastic sidemarkers etc...

Plastic side markers came out on 72. At least they still had the nice chrome bumperettes, unlike the horrible 73-74 5 mph ones.

Back