• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB Interior Convertible pillar trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujuka

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need the right or passenger side trim. It clips on to the pillar and buts the dash pad on the bottom and buries in the right angle metal trim piece on the top.
I don't see any after market convertible pieces. I see the hardtop versions but I think those are bigger for some reason?
Thanks

terrywalker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only difference between the convertible and hardtop pieces is the length. Everything else is the same See photo. Cut a hardtop one to length.
Terry W.

Convertible Pillar Cover 1.jpg

jujuka

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks TW. But I've been down that road. The new pillar trims I got were a quarter inch wider than the og trim. Which I thought was strange. And after I cut them there's no way it would fit inside the metal right angle trim. I was thinking how can this be? Seems like they should all, convert and ht , would be the same width just a different length.
Maybe ill check another pillar vendor and reset this install.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry, do the two you have pictured have part numbers? Years ago someone showed me a HT one & Conv. one and they both had the same part number. I'm pretty sure his 'vert one wasn't a cut HT one. Thanks in advance.

terrywalker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terry, do the two you have pictured have part numbers? Years ago someone showed me a HT one & Conv. one and they both had the same part number. I'm pretty sure his 'vert one wasn't a cut HT one. Thanks in advance.
I sure do. The one with brown paint on it is hardtop. I compare the other side in the other photo. I can't verify if the repro hardtop ones are the same but originals are the same. When I measure them, they're the same. My spare metal convertible corners fit on both the convertible ones.
Terry W.

Attachments

• Convertible Pillar Cover 3.jpg
    Convertible Pillar Cover 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • Convertible Pillar Cover 4.jpg
    Convertible Pillar Cover 4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
  • Convertible Pillar Cover 5.jpg
    Convertible Pillar Cover 5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97

terrywalker

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last photo showing the metal corner trim covers on the plastic covers. It may be you would need to find a set of original hardtop pillar covers.
Terry W.

Convertible Pillar Covers 2.jpg

jujuka

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for help ad the pics. I know now I need to find a pillar with the same numbers. I'll start there.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also there's 2 different locations for the screw hole. The OEM ones on my convertible are lower down, closer to the dashpad.

Attachments

• PillarHole.JPG
    PillarHole.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back