• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Intro - 1970 Trans Am

rtarozzi

Reaction score
Bob Tarozzi here. I just jumped over from your cousin forum 'abodiesonly.com'. I fit in here as well because I was the guy behind the Chrysler 1970 Trans Am vehicle and race program. I know AAR, Dan Gurney and Chrysler have sucked up most of the credit, but I was the vehicle designer, in charge of build-up for both Plymouth and Dodge, Plymoth team manager and race engineer. I just completed my new website, which unashamedly is promoting my up and coming book about my various ventures and misadventures in racing during the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s. Yea I've done a few thing and I've Lived a few Lives. I've publish a number of photos on the site and I plan on uploading an excerpt from the book every month or so. If you're interesting in that sort of thing check it out.

www.rtarozzi.com

arrivederci
Bob Tarozzi
:icon_cheers:

1970g.jpg

volcanocar

Reaction score
wow thats awesome, i personally love road racing and did quite a bit of auto cross in my last car which was a mustang. i want more than anything to set my cuda up to do road course racing. its a pleasure to meet you

volcanocar

Reaction score
hey i was reading an article that im sure everyone has read about the french hemi cuda that raced in road course and hill climb races over in europe. any idea what the may have done to that car to improve its handling characteristics while toting around a big block?

plumgtx

Reaction score
very cool, love to hear the stories. heres my aar. ive only had it about a month(originally Fk5, V1X, P6XW. Keep the stories coming

aar7.jpg

rtarozzi

Reaction score
They did just about nothing. The car was the second 48 car that Dan drove at Seattle and Riverside. It was given to Goodyear as a show car to help them sell tires. The Frenches butchered it. It was retrieve from France by Craig Jackson of Barrett-Jackson and fully restore as the #48. He parades it around the country and occasionally enters it in the Historical car "races".

volcanocar

Reaction score
Wow that is pretty astounding that they were that good right off the assembly line

Back