• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Is it possible it make a convertible

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I know Matt, I was just ribbing you a little for sayin' "you absolutely cannot tell the difference between it and a real one though". :poke:

We're good, I wasn't insinuating anyone was doing anything "improper" with a VIN. From what I know about you, you're one of the last people I would suspect of that kind of stuff! And I would think most if not all of your friends are pretty much the same as you.
Well I know a loose cannon or 2...:rolleyes:

Montclaire

Reaction score
You know, if you were doing something like swapping a shell onto an LX chassis, I think it would be easier to pull off. There is a person who converts AMD coupe quarters into convertible pieces. And there is an outfit that builds LX convertibles.

Jonah Hex

Reaction score
So, there IS hope of finding a roof for mine! I bought mine without a roof and would like to find a replacement. The car came with a convertible roof frame and various other ‘vert parts, but I would rather put a hardtop back on.

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
So, there IS hope of finding a roof for mine! I bought mine without a roof and would like to find a replacement. The car came with a convertible roof frame and various other ‘vert parts, but I would rather put a hardtop back on.

Getting a roof isn’t difficult..

340challconvert

Reaction score
AMD sells a good quality roof skin for a Challenger
1621422804843.png

Roof Skins | AMD 600-2570

Classic has the AMD roof skin in stock
MM1145B - 1970-74 Dodge Challenger Roof Panel Skin

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
well the vert parts and find a donor car to cut the inner structure out of and put your roof back on.
Do you have a thread with pictures of your car?

louiej611

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but why when there are convertibles for sale out there. I have a 70 and a 71 Challenger Convertible. I would not cut up a hardtop to make a convertible, the cost probably would be more than buying a convertible. I just don't think you could engineer it right.

70chall440

Reaction score
This definitely isn't the first one ever to be made into a pseudo convertible. But it is not going to be all that easy to do and make work well.

Back