• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Is there a specific place to post info on new products for Mopars?

LeesRT

Reaction score
Is there a specific place to post info on new products for Mopars? I'll post this here for now. If there is a better place, or it's not allowed, you can remove this.

There's a company called Nordic American Performance Products. They've developed a new valve cover. I've been involved helping them. The pictures I'm posting are of the small block Mopar stuff, but big block stuff is on the way as well. As you can see, it's a "two piece" system with a decorative lid. If you are interested in commenting on this product, please search Nordic American Performance Products on Facebook and leave a message or ask your questions. If you like these, we need to let them know. They are pitching this to Mopar soon and hope to get enough interest to proceed.

Demon_11-22_001 - Copy.JPG

DirectConnection_11-22_001.JPG

MOPAR CoverOpen_11-22_001 (1).JPG

Mopar_11-22_001.JPG

MoparLogoRendeopen.JPG

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
Looks like a nice design. But, with tons of aftermarket valve covers out there, I‘m not sure what the demand would be.

LeesRT

Reaction score
These are the things we need to hear. If no one is interested, we won't proceed. I see potential in the customization of these somewhere down the road. Right now they are generic designs.

LeesRT

Reaction score
The owner just wanted me to let you folks know that they will do custom logos as well.

NoCar340

Reaction score
I like the concept, especially the fastener arrangement (which is fargin' brillant). However, I find the design a little "busy" to the eye.

My main suggestion would be to lose that overhang where the top plate fits to the riser. They need unity of line: ultimately it should look as much like one piece as possible. To be blunt, that overhang serves to make the assembly look like it's comprised of mismatched parts. I realize there must be some overhang around the upper bolts, but the perimeter needs to be as smooth to the riser as possible.

I'm not crazy about the "ID pad" for the same reason. I know some guys like logos everywhere they can put them, but I'd prefer that area not exist, personally. The oil cap is far enough to one side that a fella could fit a factory emblem (440 SIX PACK, 340 FOUR-BARREL or such) on each cover; the pad would just break up the lines unnecessarily in such a case.

Last I knew Cerbenzus, Fiatlantis, or whatever they're calling it this week had a licensing fee well north of 30%. Remember when model kits went from $4.99 to $9.99 overnight back around 1990? That's why it happened, and you'll have to pass that cost along too.

Of course with the top being removable, the world is your fancy clam. Offer different top plates: ID pad with choice of logo as shown, same plate without ID pad pr any logo, classic finned, perfectly flat (with rounded edges and a little extra thickness for ball-milling custom logos), whatever the market might support. The riser is your common starting point. Flexibility is profitability.

budascuda

Reaction score
I like the concept, especially the fastener arrangement (which is fargin' brillant). However, I find the design a little "busy" to the eye.

My main suggestion would be to lose that overhang where the top plate fits to the riser. They need unity of line: ultimately it should look as much like one piece as possible. To be blunt, that overhang serves to make the assembly look like it's comprised of mismatched parts. I realize there must be some overhang around the upper bolts, but the perimeter needs to be as smooth to the riser as possible.

I'm not crazy about the "ID pad" for the same reason. I know some guys like logos everywhere they can put them, but I'd prefer that area not exist, personally. The oil cap is far enough to one side that a fella could fit a factory emblem (440 SIX PACK, 340 FOUR-BARREL or such) on each cover; the pad would just break up the lines unnecessarily in such a case.

Last I knew Cerbenzus, Fiatlantis, or whatever they're calling it this week had a licensing fee well north of 30%. Remember when model kits went from $4.99 to $9.99 overnight back around 1990? That's why it happened, and you'll have to pass that cost along too.

Of course with the top being removable, the world is your fancy clam. Offer different top plates: ID pad with choice of logo as shown, same plate without ID pad pr any logo, classic finned, perfectly flat (with rounded edges and a little extra thickness for ball-milling custom logos), whatever the market might support. The riser is your common starting point. Flexibility is profitability.
Make a hard copy if this post!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I see a number of issues here , one more place to leak , the main problem with valve covers on Mopars is the surface they sit on was never milled flat & rigid valve covers are a pain to seal on far from flat heads which is why Mopar Always used steels covers so they will flex & conform . I also dislike the overhang of the top plate & why 2 piece harder to clean ? It doesn't seem like you can adjust valves on mechanical rockers unless you use a crowfoot on the nut so what is the advantage of 2 piece design ?.
The part I do like is the custom emblem & the Made in The USA part . My engine is a sleeper though 512 CI 440 that looks stock so I will leave my stock tin covers in place .

Adam

Reaction score
I like them, can you post a pic of the other side/Pcv provision. Btw, years ago I bought new, as cast, Mopar aluminum valve covers, both had small cracks near one end just above the flange. They definitely would have seeped oil. I also find the stamped factory covers too be less than ideal for custom engines, strokers, etc. So there is a need out there.

LeesRT

Reaction score
The owner is going to get me a picture of the PCV provision. When I get it, I will post it for you.

fasjac

Reaction score
I have to say I like em. I’ll be able to adjust roller rockers with wrenches I already have ( it appears) but, I have the BB. It’s a pain removing the driver side due to the booster. The sealing for iron heads may be an issue, If everything is straight, no problem. Like Chryco said, possibly more places to leak. Rubber gaskets in a nice valley should be fine. The PCV valve provisions is a must. Thumbs up JMO

Back