• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

ISO Solid 1970-1974 Challenger Donor/parts car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russdog8

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970-1974 Challenger Donor/parts car

*****PLEASE HELP***** I'm in search of a Donor 1970-1974 challenger metal parts car. I have a 1970 R/T FC7 Highly optioned 440 A/C Challenger that I'm starting the process to bring her back to life. A lot of people wouldn't attempt such a feat. the car sat for 30+ years in Texas with the front and rear windows rusted out due to the vinyl top. I believe The car deserves a second chance at life. It's got a lot of rust. There's just enough rust on almost every piece of metal on the car that most would consider replacing the entire panel. I do not want to just re-body the car. I want to keep as much original DNA as humanly possible by using small patches from an original 70's Challenger. Mainly around the front and rear windows. The roof including the front and rear inner roof supports are in bad shape or just gone, the inner roof side support rails are fine... Most of the inside structure and supports are fine, from the firewall to the front bumper is great except for the upper cowl and lower cowl hinges are rusted. It has rusted through where the firewall and floorboard meet at the flange (a couple spots 2" by 10" long across the flange), floorboards/entire trunk/quarter panels/all frame rails all have enough rust to be replaced. What can not be repaired by using 70 donor metal will force me to use AMD metal. It sounds worse than it really is but in the end I believe that there will be enough original DNA (metal) to call it a 70 R/T. I'm looking for your help in finding a solid donor car hopefully from someone who is more interested in helping a stranger save a great R/T than getting rich. I do have money to pay for the donor car don't get me wrong, I'm just asking you to not beat me up too bad on the price. I just need a little help in getting the much needed 1970 original metal. What I'm really in need of most is the entire Roof and all supports, complete firewall with upper cowl or just the upper cowl w/ hinge supports and brackets and the lower part of the firewall down to the flange where it meets up to the floor pan. Also the inner and outer door hinge panels (both sides). The whole donor car from the fire wall to the rear bumper would be the best but I'll take what I can get.

Thank you for at least reading my post!
Rusty (my real name lol)

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to the site. Post some pics of what you have. We would love to see posts of the restoration.

moparleo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
U.S. Car Tool says that for $17,000. they will replace all the sheetmetal that is needed. And return a body in white car back to you. DNA ? Only yours when you cut yourself on that rusty sheetmetal.

Russdog8

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1562.jpgIMG_1641.jpgIMG_2660 (2).jpgIMG_2661.jpgIMG_2673.JPGIMG_2682.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_2660 (2).jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2682.jpg

Russdog8

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's kinda funny, the guy that I bought the cars from said that I have to take the Green Challenger (1970 R/T JS23U0E) with the Silver Challenger. I couldn't get him to shut up about the Silver car all I wanted to really know about was the R/T. He didn't even want the Green car, He saw no Value in it. He stripped all the R/T parts off the R/T and put them on the silver car to make a clone. Come to find out, the silver car is a Western Sport Special. 1 of only 1066 made. It broke my heart to see how much rust was on the R/T but it just made me that much more determined to bring That beauty back to life. I do have a 440F complete running motor also everything else is all there and numbers matching. The silver car is in way better shape. I'll start on it after the R/T is done. It's all down hill after the R/T is finished. Lol

I'm not bragging, I'm extremely grateful and lucky to own such great cars. The silver car is for my little girl. She is now 8 and will be helping me...

Russdog8

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice!!! Can you PM me the fine details? Colors, Options, how complete the car is please ??? Any Rust?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn't cut up a nice RT SE for a rusty RT. It defeats the purpose of saving a rare car by wiping another out to do it. There are 6 cyl cars and 318 cars out there that are good for using.

Russdog8

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't cut up a nice RT SE for a rusty RT. It defeats the purpose of saving a rare car by wiping another out to do it. There are 6 cyl cars and 318 cars out there that are good for using.

Your right, I would never cut it up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back