• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Jimi Gunn new member. Need history of my car from Texas "Personal Vendetta"

jimigunn

Reaction score
Hello,

I am rescuing a race car from the 70's Mid Texas race circuit. A 70 Challenger called "Personal Vendetta." I know it raced from its battle scars (beat in rear wheel houses, subframe connectors, swiss cheese drilling to lighten the car, and elephant ear weld marks.)

I would love to know more about its history near Abilene Texas where I found her in 1988. Photos would be awesome. I will post pictures soon of how she looked when I found her.

Personal Vendetta 70 R/T 440 4-speed originally pale yellow with a white vinyl top and I found remnants of a red headliner so I assume a red interior.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see picstures. I have a similar experience in that I am currently restoring a `68 Road Runner that went, and still does, go by the name "JUNKYARD DOG" and was raced in north Florida in the `70's. I was able to talk to people that used to know the car and actually have the guys name that owned it and the names of the people he was working for back then, but I haven't been able to locate them now. Still trying, as I would love to have some pics of the car from the `70's, it had a great paint scheme that I uncovered when I started to dismantle it for restoration. The research part of it has been fun, I call it "carcheology". Good luck with your research.

RPM

Reaction score
Sounds cool !

Welcome aboard the board.

-RPM

jimigunn

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Mopars are a great way to relax and go back to a simpler time in our lives. Happy Holidays.

Back