• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Keisler 5 speed

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered one of these 5 speeds. I'm getting bad vibes but don't want to bash these guys as they are members here.

ragtopdodge

Reaction score
I recommend if you're not in a hurry, to get the Passon 5-speed that's still in development, or the new Keisler SS700.

The old Keisler/Tremec units have fittment issues as well as high RPM shift limitations/issues (~$800 to fix).

rbbruno3

Reaction score
The problem is I already order the TKO 600 still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting
3months and they already took my money.
Glad I didn't need it yesterday. Just hard to believe they can't get one done before that time frame. Are they really that far out? Whis I had a job like that.

ebdyguy

Reaction score
That is one reason why I put together my own kit. I had heard about some issues and did not want to deal with the slow responses.

I ended up with a TKO 600, Quicktime Bell, and went for a hydraulic slave set up. I bought the tranny from Liberty and the upgraded synchro kit plus other stuff was more like a $300 option - not $800.

That tranny was in my 340 Cuda and shifted like butter at every rpm. I have never shifted one without the upgrade kit so I can't comment on how much of an improvent there really is at high rpm shifts.

I was so happy with the set up I started collecting parts for the same set up in another car, but the poor economy and need for some $ is forcing me to sell off some of the bits.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Classic sells the same conversions , I have never had a good experience with Keisler , both products & customer service

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
Has anyone here ordered one of these 5 speeds. I'm getting bad vibes but don't want to bash these guys as they are members here.

And as such, they also have a few folks who come in on the boards and respond when the bashing happens.

I just want to know why don't those same folks take the time to respond to threads like this about the slow service?

rbbruno3

Reaction score
One other thing I didn't like was the bell housing issue. They said mine need to be machined. So, I thought no big deal my friend is a machinist. Yeah right!! The bolt pattern on the tranny is ALOT wider then bell. So now I have to buy a new bell housing too. Just one thing after another. Hope its all worth it in the end.

ebdyguy

Reaction score
I asume you are doing a Big Block build, but in case you are not - I have a brand new Quicktime Bell for Small block LA to TKO in the for sale section. I will let it go for much cheaper than you can buy it anywhere. I have one of these installed on a TKO 600 with absolutely no issues.

Sorry for the shameless plug - but I really need to sell the bell to pay other bills.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Yea, big block. Wish I could use it. Thanks
I asume you are doing a Big Block build, but in case you are not - I have a brand new Quicktime Bell for Small block LA to TKO in the for sale section. I will let it go for much cheaper than you can buy it anywhere. I have one of these installed on a TKO 600 with absolutely no issues.

Sorry for the shameless plug - but I really need to sell the bell to pay other bills.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Passon has the 5 spd OD bolt in 833 replacement available now too , never had an issue dealing with Jamie , awesome service & products !!

78mako

Reaction score
I ordered A Tremec 600 from Keisler a year ago this month. After a few months I was told they were having problems getting the trans cases from Mexico so I changed the order to the SS700 trans. I have been given 8 different ship dates since then and still don't have a trans. Supposedly there was an issue with the shifter location for the E bodies and had to be worked out. I would have thought they would have done that before they started selling the product. Now here it is over a year later, they've had my money, right at $4,000, and I still don't have a trans. What really gets me is they have been jerking me and a lot of other people around all this time and let's not forget they have our money, but they have the nerve to bragg about they went out of their way to satisfy Tim Allen with a trans for his car. They even made him a custom shifter to go with it. What makes his money any more green than mine? I'm about to the point of canceling the order and going some where else for a trans. All I have gotten out of Keisler is one lie after another. How can anyone do buisness like that? You can bet they aren't willing to do anything special for me to make up for the year long wait either. I guess ya have to be a celebrity for these guys to do what they say they will. My build has been at a stand still for over a year because of these bone heads. I wouldn't recommend Keisler to anyone after all this. All I can say is that trans better be the best trans ever built after having to wait this long for it.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
This is the same story I always hear , my experience was the same lots of lies & broken promises , why anyone would deal with Keisler is beyond me , they are their own worst enemy . I installed one trans from them , it leaked constantly , tracked it down to a machining problem , they had machined through the case , warranty was promised as long as we paid for the shipping 3000 miles internationally to them , Yeah right . There are other companies offering the exact same products & conversions so why does everyone deal with Keisler??

ramenth

Reaction score
Passon has the 5 spd OD bolt in 833 replacement available now too , never had an issue dealing with Jamie , awesome service & products !!

Notice your post is dated over a year ago? Unfortunately, Jamie's hand was forced to announce the trans before he wanted to when McLeod went public, from what I understand. It's been almost three years running with production issue after production issue as the poor guy has taken hit after hit on the forums boards for trying to make his product perfect. And the McLeod unit? Poof! Where'd it go?

In the meantime, I hoping he'll have the waiting list done and able to produce for those of us who are patiently waiting for when our projects get to the point of needing a trans.

ramenth

Reaction score
This is the same story I always hear , my experience was the same lots of lies & broken promises , why anyone would deal with Keisler is beyond me , they are their own worst enemy . I installed one trans from them , it leaked constantly , tracked it down to a machining problem , they had machined through the case , warranty was promised as long as we paid for the shipping 3000 miles internationally to them , Yeah right . There are other companies offering the exact same products & conversions so why does everyone deal with Keisler??

That's cause your name isn't XV or Mopar Action. Notice how the mags never have a bad word about their advertisers? As a result they continue to drive the sales for things like this to continue. Notice how Shafi is always able to produce a working trans for all the other aftermarket companies' projects having write ups in the mags? But then again, the ultimate salesman can sell ice to Eskimos. He doesn't need to know anything about the ice, he just needs to sell.

Back