• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Late 71 Cuda Inner Fender Holes

jumparound365

Reaction score
The attached photo shows an original passenger side inner fender off a 71 Cuda. Any chance the holes circled in the attached image are suppose to be there? Comments on any other holes are also appreciated. Thank you.

Inner Fender Holes.jpg

jumparound365

Reaction score
Thank you for the response.
I've noticed reproduction panels do not have these holes also. However, I do not trust reproduction parts to include all the details of production panels. NOS panels also do not include these holes, but it is my understanding these panels were used 71-74 e bodies as well as some B bodies and holes varied year to year. Therefore I believe it may be impossible to reference any panel (with complete certainty) other than original panels for the specific year in question.
The two larger holes are typically were the receiver drier is mounted, but I would expect the dimples in the panel to serve as hole locaters in this case. Therefore, I believe that these 2 larger holes were added, but I cannot find any evidence of them being drilled in the original panel. This is why I am seeking advice. Are there any options etc that could account for any of these holes being original? I believe the other three holes were also added, but I am less certain. Thanks again for any help or advice.

Back