• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Legendary Auto Upholstery

douglas17

Reaction score
Are you waiting for products from Legendary.
When I ordered my upholstery way back in July of 2020, I was told there was a six month waiting period.
I was OK with that. Order placed paid in full. After six months, still delayed, now waiting for material. Now approaching the ten month period
still waiting for material. Next time I called, now we can not get material.
This really pissed me off. I would think if an order was paid for in full you would source the material and have it for when it was time for the job.
I did get my money retuned but now 10 months later I have no upholstery.
So if you are waiting start asking questions and hard ones at that.
So much for a leader in auto Upholstery. Shame on you

tonysrt

Reaction score
Unfortunately politics is playing a big part in the absence of material. I know of model boat kit builders that can't supply any kits because there is no plywood available. This so called President has a new crisis everyday and the list goes on.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
This problem is far reaching and encompasses dang near everything. Suppliers that depend on manufacturing and materials from other countries have learned not to promise any dates for delivery anymore unless it is in stock. Really sucks for us needing these items to finish up a car, ugh.

moparlee

Reaction score
Unfortunately politics is playing a big part in the absence of material. I know of model boat kit builders that can't supply any kits because there is no plywood available. This so called President has a new crisis everyday and the list goes on.
You got that right and it's a damn shame!

rogue

Reaction score
good vendors take your order but don't charge until the order is fulfilled

moparmarks

Reaction score
A lot of companies are having trouble getting materials.
We ordered seat covers and door panels for a 70 GTX. They said 8 months and we got them in 8 months and 2 weeks.

johnstoybox

Reaction score
spose i better start calling , ive had a complete upholstery kit ordered since nov from Legendary .

terrywalker

Reaction score
Is SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby Oregon doing any better on delivery?
Terry W.

4x4 Roundup

Reaction score
My red seat covers from Legendary that I ordered back in August thru Classic Industries arrived this past week. I think I got lucky...

ted s

Reaction score
sms was terrible befrte covid etc. nys shut legendary down for most of 2020 and now they cant get materials

SFEbody

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience with Legendary. I will say that I just got a set of seat material for my Cuda about two weeks ago. Did take 9 months but was WELL worth my wait. Whaat I have found with them is they have to be nudged about every month, that way order status is front on their radar. Don't know if my perstance worked but I did get my seats and am happy as a lark. Again sorry for your experience.

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
In my opinion and some fact.one can not blame the manufactures and suppliers.! I don't know if the have everything,materials and workers.Or even the working capital it takes to run a business. Vinyl and other products are made from oil.And it's not as easy as available as it was before. For some reason after someone shut down the Keystone Pipe line (CANADIAN neighbors not happy} and (" I myself have from time to time worked pipe line") on top of a World catastrophe.That doesn't help.
I did this too.png
Personally I would rather run my vehicles on propane or natural gas burns cleaner and leave the engine cleaner. And save those resources for a better or practical use. I like the Idea of electric vehicles.The facts is that if electric vehicles where going to work it would be successful by now. Davidson in 1839 made the first one. Biggest problems being enough storage for range and convenience. It may work for fleet use. So get out the needle and thread and fix what you have.This is just my opinion and some fact.Every one is allowed to one. Just peel of my vinyl top going to save it for now.just like they did in the Great Depression.Joe wake up . Hey Joe wake up,JOE WAKE UP! you forgot where the decimal point goes!

Last edited:

SFEbody

Reaction score
Moderator, can you please remove the Political nature of the post above me. This is not a forum for POLITICAL stones to be cast. No matter which side you are on , right or left.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
what moderators?
While I my find myself politically in the middle, I do agree that the moderators should keep this under control, within reason. If one political party starts coming after our old muscle cars, directly or indirectly, IT'S ON!

JKCuda

Reaction score
In my opinion and some fact.one can not blame the manufactures and suppliers.! I don't know if the have everything,materials and workers.Or even the working capital it takes to run a business. Vinyl and other products are made from oil.And it's not as easy as available as it was before. For some reason after someone shut down the Keystone Pipe line (CANADIAN neighbors not happy} and (" I myself have from time to time worked pipe line") on top of a World catastrophe.That doesn't help. Personally I would rather run my vehicles on propane or natural gas burns cleaner and leave the engine cleaner. And save those resources for a better or practical use. I like the Idea of electric vehicles.The facts is that if electric vehicles where going to work it would be successful by now. Davidson in 1839 made the first one. Biggest problems being enough storage for range and convenience. It may work for fleet use. So get out the needle and thread and fix what you have.This is just my opinion and some fact.Every one is allowed to one. Just peel of my vinyl top going to save it for now.just like they did in the Great Depression.Joe wake up . Hey Joe wake up,JOE WAKE UP! you forgot where the decimal point goes!
I wrote a really long post...but in the interest of this being a car forum, I will simply state, I agree 100%.

Last edited:

MDWingnut

Reaction score
I have a full set (front and rear) of black 'Cuda seat covers new in the box that I bought from Legendary pre-covid. I am not to the point I need them if you are interested...

Reaction score
EVERYTHING seems to be like this, i waited 10 months for a simple holley spacer for my carbs, 5 months for some scat seats, now 5 months for a front end kit from summit, ( that i was hoping to have done by june, now august)

Back