• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

LF Cuda/Chally Project 70-74 NC/VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
73 cuda, going tomorrow to make sure everything is kosher with my dad. Looks good so far tho. Seems it was partially resto'd at some point in the past, since the exterior is in very very good condition, but for some reason nobody did anything about the floors:(

Update::Budget increased to 5500, car was a no go. Did not pass the magnet test(Magnet would not stick to any panel on the body), Did Not pass the finger test(Touched the frame rail and it instantly collapsed along with the floor. I thought the car was going to fall on me lol.)

Still looking, Please have SOMETHING good about your car. Also interested in 72-74 Challengers/cudas, not just 70/71's.

Last edited:

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
73 cuda, going tomorrow to make sure everything is kosher with my dad. Looks good so far tho. Seems it was partially resto'd at some point in the past, since the exterior is in very very good condition, but for some reason nobody did anything about the floors:(

Update::Budget increased to 5500, car was a no go. Did not pass the magnet test(Magnet would not stick to any panel on the body), Did Not pass the finger test(Touched the frame rail and it instantly collapsed along with the floor. I thought the car was going to fall on me lol.)

Still looking, Please have SOMETHING good about your car. Also interested in 72-74 Challengers/cudas, not just 70/71's.

I got a line on two cars one a 72 Cuda 340 with motor and trans and a 73 Barracuda. Waiting to hear back from them.

Where was this car located?

Also if you are changing panels why worry about the magnet test you will need to change quarters out any ways and tail panel, so on and so on.

You will still have as much in a 72-74 Challenger as you would your Cuda idea, save up and buy once and buy the real thing and drive it the way you want to it will be a lot cheaper.

Keep us posted

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a line on two cars one a 72 Cuda 340 with motor and trans and a 73 Barracuda. Waiting to hear back from them.

Where was this car located?

Also if you are changing panels why worry about the magnet test you will need to change quarters out any ways and tail panel, so on and so on.

You will still have as much in a 72-74 Challenger as you would your Cuda idea, save up and buy once and buy the real thing and drive it the way you want to it will be a lot cheaper.

Keep us posted
It was at a Muscle car project place down here. Guys a shyster. And, i Should certainly hope i dont need to change every panel on a car 7k project to start.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was at a Muscle car project place down here. Guys a shyster. And, i Should certainly hope i dont need to change every panel on a car 7k project to start.

Whats the new of the place? I may want to check it out and see what they got.

Well depending on what the car is and most of the cars in the 5-7 range are going to need rust work and E body cars in that range are needing quarter panels, wheel housing and trunk pans.

I'm saying if you find a 72-74 there is a lot of panels you will be changing let a long the frontend parts to make it look like a 71.

I can't remember if all the E bodies used the same doors (Barracuda 70-74) because I know the charger changed the body lines after 72. I do think all 70-74 used the same body lines with no changes and the doors will work.

I think you are looking for a good project but its not going to be realistic for the price. Do you know how much time and work it would be to change just a few panels out and get the linned up and welded in?

I think you would be better off just buying a 71 Barracuda, the only parts you would need to change is the hood. The fenders you can cut the pieces out and put the gills in and then its just a matter of changing the dash.

By the time you clone a 72-74 into a 71 you will have the price of a 71 car.

Here call this guy he has a 71 Barracuda
http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/3039009449.html

73 Barracuda
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973...4551558?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b1213206

70 Barracuda
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...5353099?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ab93cdb0b

There are a few

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the new of the place? I may want to check it out and see what they got.

Well depending on what the car is and most of the cars in the 5-7 range are going to need rust work and E body cars in that range are needing quarter panels, wheel housing and trunk pans.

I'm saying if you find a 72-74 there is a lot of panels you will be changing let a long the frontend parts to make it look like a 71.

I can't remember if all the E bodies used the same doors (Barracuda 70-74) because I know the charger changed the body lines after 72. I do think all 70-74 used the same body lines with no changes and the doors will work.

I think you are looking for a good project but its not going to be realistic for the price. Do you know how much time and work it would be to change just a few panels out and get the linned up and welded in?

I think you would be better off just buying a 71 Barracuda, the only parts you would need to change is the hood. The fenders you can cut the pieces out and put the gills in and then its just a matter of changing the dash.

By the time you clone a 72-74 into a 71 you will have the price of a 71 car.

Here call this guy he has a 71 Barracuda
http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/3039009449.html

73 Barracuda
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973...4551558?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b1213206

70 Barracuda
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...5353099?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ab93cdb0b

There are a few

73 barracuda is too far away to inspect. and that 70 that guy wants close to 15k for it.

And i tried to get in touch with the 71 barracuda guy with no luck already(car is probly already gone.)

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
73 barracuda is too far away to inspect. and that 70 that guy wants close to 15k for it.

And i tried to get in touch with the 71 barracuda guy with no luck already(car is probly already gone.)

The guy still has the 71 Barracuda. I talked to him not so long ago and he was going to take it off craigslist he said his dad decided not to sell it and it was a project.

that 70 Challenger is a good starting point and he had it on craigslist for 12 thousand, not much to change out on that one to make it an R/T.

It does need a rear frame rail on passenger side.

Keep saving or buy a basket case and replace all the panels like you are going to have to do to change it to a 71 anyways.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6k budget now.

I will pm you the guys info on the 72 Cuda 340 that I'm passing on, it needs some work and if you are doing what you want to do this is the one for you.

He will take 5K without numbers motor and trans 6500 with.

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friendly update. Not looking for anything now until the spring rolls around. Maybe interested in trading a 72 dart with a 71 front clip, Built 360, nitrous, MSD electronics, holly 750cfm carb, sub frame connectors, cal tracks, springs moved in 3 inches to accomadate custom 15x10 rims made to match the stock 14's up front. 904 trans manual valve body, reverse pattern shifting with turboaction shifter and line lock. It has very little bondo in it and very little rust aswell. Car was restod in the past at some point, and has a 4sp hump still in it. Buckets and console aswell. Car does need some cosmetics addressed but still looks very good. Has 340 hood scoops.
I will be working on it through the winter so it will be improved as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back