• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

LF Cuda/Chally Project 70-74 NC/VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
LF Cuda/Chally Project 70-74 NC/VA 5K budget.

Like the Title Says looking for something in NC/VA or if not you would be willing to haul for a fee. Dont care about matching numbers, original big block car ect. Looking for something for me and my dad to work on.

Living in the outer banks so you could theoretically catch a quick beach vacation or perhaps you might be coming here for vacation...

Budget for the purchase of a car is around 5k, a bit more in the near future...

My preference is for a cuda though i know price is a limiting factor...

Car must have title.

Last edited:

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budget Increased to 3500. Closer i get to 10k the more ill be looking for a roller(in the case of a cuda) and driver in the case of a chally.

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Budget Increased to 4k. Now Somebody must have something... Seeing plenty of driver quality 70-71 chally about in the 10-13k price range and some 70 cudas aswell.. Im Seeing 72-74 challengers/cudas around in the 7-9k range....even a few challys as low as 5k.... Whos got something? Send me a mail or post ITT.

EDIT: May be willing to do a partial or complete trade for a 68 SS El camino Project. Car comes with a year matching 396, kieth black pistons and some other stuff. Virtually everything is there. Front Clip will soon be completely redone. Doesn't have title as it was abandoned.

Last edited:

Moparparts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have the project 71 Cuda i sent you info on and am working on 2-73 Cudas that will be for sale soon ,call or PM me

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, im kinda looking for something thats a bit less of a high dollar restore. Send info on the 73s

Moparparts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
71 Cuda is now sold i have one 73 sale pending and will try to let you know when i have the other 73 ready

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on Craigslist looking for these cars as well. I can tell you that I have not seen a nice driving 70 or 71 for less then 12 and I have not seen any project cars except one and it was $8000. That was a Barracuda Grandcoupe.

I can't remember what he said his best price was but it wasnt much less.

PM you location I will do some digging and find something for you. I think if Moparts has a good 73 in that price range I would jump on it.

I hope I sell my Vette soon I want a Mopar project/driver if I can afford one.

In fact PM coming Moparts I like to hear about these cars.

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the outer banks! Thanks for Getting me to check craigslist, may have found something tonight.

Also, might you try this? http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/cto/3079749660.html Drop your motor in and go?

Theres a 71 cuda on clist in western NC aswell listed for 10k.

I saw an already restod 74 cuda go for 8500 on clist not to long ago, then re appeared on clist for 22.5k now in va. Theres also 70 challenger r/t clone nearly done and western sport special in tennesse both around 13k.(hagling can't be that hard.)

Most of the best stuff is gone now though, just out of my price range. I check clist everyday at least 2-3 times a day. If i had the time to just get in my car and go pick something up id have brought something home probably already.

EDIT:: Id also like to note, id be interested in the right Sebring special if someones got one.

Last edited:

Moparparts

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never made a 72 Challenger with a 440 in it 340 was the biggest motor you could get from the factory in a Challenger in 72 so i am sure the rest of the ad is also misleading

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That guy traded a truck for the body. The previous owner pulled the.motor and trans he had in it before he traded it, which was a 440.

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes a bit out of my range. Trying to head to maryland to pickup a car if i can find a damn trailer anywhere haha.

If i dont get it, i may just save the extra cash and buy up mikebees if hes still got :)

Last edited:

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes a bit out of my range. Trying to head to maryland to pickup a car if i can find a damn trailer anywhere haha.

If i dont get it, i may just save the extra cash and buy up mikebees if hes still got :)

Thats my problem, I can find a lot of trades on my Vette just no way of getting the car.

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yeah. Looks like im not going to maryland. Cant finagle closing my buisness for 12 hours and driving 12 hours after working(and driving 15 hours). Let alone find a damn trailer. Luckily ill had 10kish soon enough. At least working insane hours will pay off.

Last edited:

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yeah. Looks like im not going to maryland. Cant finagle closing my buisness for 12 hours and driving 12 hours after working(and driving 15 hours). Let alone find a damn trailer. Luckily ill had 10kish soon enough. At least working insane hours will pay off.

I hear you on the hours and time man. I used to work 80 to 90 hours a week and would go weeks with no sleep at all. I would go to work leave for about 15 to 20 minutes and right back to work until it all caught up to me. I had a stroke at age 29, I will never do that again lol.

Here is a video I thought you might like. I miss my 70 Challenger R/T, it was a 383, 3spd, B5 blue with blue buckets, no console, no air, no power steering and no options on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvPKydR1iKk&feature=g-vrec

sluvxe

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you on the hours and time man. I used to work 80 to 90 hours a week and would go weeks with no sleep at all. I would go to work leave for about 15 to 20 minutes and right back to work until it all caught up to me. I had a stroke at age 29, I will never do that again lol.

Here is a video I thought you might like. I miss my 70 Challenger R/T, it was a 383, 3spd, B5 blue with blue buckets, no console, no air, no power steering and no options on the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvPKydR1iKk&feature=g-vrec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCecQ1a2M9E&feature=related

Im 28 now. But after spending a winter homeless in Upstate Ny after the Tech/manufacturing sectors tanked(and i nearly died from the flu). Ill risk the heart attack/stroke from 100-120hour work weeks. Although if the economy comes back, i can just hire somebody and relax a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back