• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for a 1970 Challenger sold here a little over a year ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJones942013

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for my grandfathers old Challenger he sold roughly 10 years ago that was sold on here about a year and a half ago. The cars last location I know was Martinsburg, WV. The cars VIN is JH23G0B213066. It was originally a 318 4spd car but when my grandfather bought it, it had a 383 slapstick which as far as i know is still in it. My grandfather was the one who restored it in the early 90's and sold it in the early 2000's. The owner after my grandfather had it in his garage and it got flooded with water above the center console. Detailed features of the car is it was FC7 Plum Crazy Purple, had a rally dash, salt and pepper inserts in the seats, there is no fender tag to it and wasn't when my grandpa bought it. The rear valence panel does not have exhaust tip holes cut into it because it was originally a low grade car and it has round exhaust tips. Also the license plate on the front is white and says "Plum Crazy Challenger." Also there is a V8 emblem Below the Challenger emblem on the fenders and there are turn signal lights on the tops of the front fenders to show the driver which turn signal is on. The last picture I seen, It had bigger torque thrust wheels and the last known owner changed the ignition over to a full MSD system. The most noticeable feature of my grandfather restoration of the car is that he put the original clutch pedal under the carpet encase someone wanted to change it to a 4 spd again. Being a standard transmission car from the factory, the brake pedal is narrow and should still be currently. I've been trying to track the car down for about 4 years now and finally caught a break when I saw the old ad on here. The title is "1970 Challenger 383" on the "cars for sale" on this forum. You will see a picture of it in the ad. Any information on the car would be greatly appreciated, you can PM me if you know anything. Thank you

Last edited:

crocha617

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Vin is no good for a few reasons. The 6th digit should be "0" 7th digit would be "B" or "E" and then there is a number missing in the last piece, it should be 6 digits making up the sequence number at the end.

DJones942013

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Sir, your right. I got the VIN off a home video taking in July of 1991 and misread the VIN. I just watched it again and saw that the 6th digit was a 0 and that the 7th was a B. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back