• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for advise on 440 6BBL Shaker fresh air door cable and brackets,

Brillos

Reaction score
20170225_142506.jpg
Shaker-1.jpg
20170225_142506.jpg
I have a 1971 Cuda 440-6, with Shaker Scoop, I need the retainer clip for the upper cable that goes into the scoop and attaches to the air doors. When I try to hook up cables they look to be too long and if I push cable in to correct length the Air knob sticks out under the dash. I have two sets of cables one from Year One and the second from Classic Ind. both the same. I have checked several resources but cannot find anyone that shows the clip. I did find a picture from an original Chrysler catalog that shows the clip but does not identify it as a separate part. Anyone have any suggestions on locating the clip and where I am going wrong on the cables.

Steve340

Reaction score
Mega Parts has them they are the same as a heater cable clip if you have any of those spare.
The inner or outer cable is probably just a fraction to long or too short. They do not have to be a lot out to be a problem.
Quite tricky to sort out can you set it so it looks acceptable?

Brillos

Reaction score
Mega Parts has them they are the same as a heater cable clip if you have any of those spare.
The inner or outer cable is probably just a fraction to long or too short. They do not have to be a lot out to be a problem.
Quite tricky to sort out can you set it so it looks acceptable?
Thanks Steve I appreciate the tip, I'll contact Mega Parts.

Steve340

Reaction score
Cool because those cables push and pull they are extremely tough and hard to modify.
You may be able to shift a mounting point inside the shaker = maybe you do not want to mod anything?
I had a close look at your photo and can not come up with anything useful.
You might just have to live with it.

Back