• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking to buy a 74 Challenger

Fordication

Reaction score
Hello. I am looking at buying a 74 Challenger locally. The car is pretty much disassembled but the body and the wheels to keep it off the ground. 95% of the parts are there and there is no rust on the car. The Engine is not original but is a 383. Someone pretty much sprayed the car with POR 15 to prevent corrosion. I checked and there is very little bondo except where someone removed the vinyl roof and filled in that welded area. I am sure about the corrosion as I had the car off of the ground and used a magnet on ever square inch of the car. There are no door panels and its an RT car based on the fender tags, the VIN and whats on the car. It is also an AC car which is desired where I live. The guy is asking 12500 and I do not see how I can pass up this deal. Does it sound like a good deal to you guys. No, it has not been wrecked and all fenders appear to be original as do the doors and the quarters. Thanks

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Looks like a good deal to me based on what you are saying. What about the title? Sounds like a good project for the money IMO!

Fordication

Reaction score
Title is clear and matches the VIN. I think its a good deal. Found one in California for same price but lots of corrosion, found another in Tennessee for 7500 but needs about 2K in panels to repair. This way no welding required.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
That's worth the price if it is almost rust free. It can cost a lot more in the long run replacing panels and parts of the frame. Did you look at the floor pans and trunk pan?

Fordication

Reaction score
That's worth the price if it is almost rust free. It can cost a lot more in the long run replacing panels and parts of the frame. Did you look at the floor pans and trunk pan?
I sure did. There is nothing in the car to prevent me from seeing every inch of it. The floor pans and bottom of the car looked good as did the trunk pan and quarters. No rust. Its pretty much a shell with disassembled parts. Bumpers and grille were also removed but saw them along with the other parts in storage. It is a complete restoration other than I do not have to do any welding, only body work and painting and reassembly. Of course the motor and transmission will have to be rebuilt to my liking. All new interior but the seats, dash and console are all there.

Rapidfire

Reaction score
looks like a winner. I would pull the trigger on it! You don't see many rust free cars like that for the price these days! :)

Rons340

Reaction score
Congrats! I am certain you are going to enjoy it, both building and ultimately, driving!

Back