• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Michigan Guys I need your help

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at a 1967 GTX that is for sale by a member over on FABO that has it listed for his uncle. The car is in Michigan. I hope to call tomorrow (Sunday) and get more info on the car. I live in Virginia so no way of me getting out there to look at it.

I think the car is located in Grand Rapids Michigan. Where I need help is, does anyone live in that area that could check the car out for me in their spare time?

The car being from Michigan worries me due to the rust. I do know just from the add it comes with lower 1/4s or maybe full quarters. I will call the guy and get more info on the GTX and maybe if I want to pursue it more I thought I would go ahead and line up someone or make a list of guys who can look at it and tell me what they think of it.

I do know it has a 400 motor in it right now not running so I would have to find a 440 or maybe build a 400 stroker motor.

The 67 GTX is my favorite next to the 70 and then 68 and the 71s and 72s with the 69 being on the last of my list. I don't know why but the only 69 cars I love are the 69 1/2 MOPARs.

I still have that 71 Road Runner in Texas on my mind that I even got the price of doing the body work and paint of 10-12 thousand and then the rest of the car would need to be done like motor, trans and interior. I still love that car and who knows if after I'm done with my classes in Julie or August and I'm back to work I may buy it as well.

So if you live in Michigan around Grand Rapids let me know. You can post here and pm me or just post and I will pm you with details after I get more info.

Thanks everyone.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
This is a small forum my friend, there's really no need to post twice.

Thanks, I'm used to post getting lost on some of the boards. I hope to have some info in the next couple of hours. I have to head to the grocery story to get some things for if the storm hits us.

Thanks DetMatt1.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
No problem. What's the forecast where you are?

It keeps changing for us. I see where its going to go up into DC and on up the east coast.

They say we may get rain and then snow and could see up to 5 to 6 inches or more. I know we went from being in the 70s and 80s to 55 today. I'm not ready for the snow but as long as we keep the power it will be ok.

Is it going to get your area any?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Not directly but it's already windy and it's supposed to get worse. I lose power where I am if I look at a transformer wrong. Old neighborhood with lots of mature trees, the whole area is. I wouldn't be suprised if I lost power but it will be nothing like it will be farther east. I hope you weather the storm and find somebody to check out thet X.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Not directly but it's already windy and it's supposed to get worse. I lose power where I am if I look at a transformer wrong. Old neighborhood with lots of mature trees, the whole area is. I wouldn't be suprised if I lost power but it will be nothing like it will be farther east. I hope you weather the storm and find somebody to check out thet X.

Yeah its just starting to rain harder here and I'm sure it will get worse as the day goes. I did find a couple people who can look the car over for me. I got some pics of it and its pretty much a big project and for $5500 obo I would want a running car or a car with a good or pretty good body on it.

I like to have another E body but right now I can't find one in my price range but maybe after I get done with school this August I will be able to.

Stay safe man and I hope the weather doesnt get bad for you.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Did you find that car on Craigslist? Dark green, right? If it is, it took all my will power not to drag an empty trailer out there for that one. There's a couple of cars here on the Detroit Craigslist that are interesting too, a 70 Challenger R/T S/E and the other is a 67 X for 10 K each. I just don't have the room now and I just bought my dads 71 Challenger vert. From him, he was ready to sell but I wasn't ready to let it go. It's been my dads for 15 years and we have enjoyed that car a lot together and I want to continue to do that for years to come.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Did you find that car on Craigslist? Dark green, right? If it is, it took all my will power not to drag an empty trailer out there for that one. There's a couple of cars here on the Detroit Craigslist that are interesting too, a 70 Challenger R/T S/E and the other is a 67 X for 10 K each. I just don't have the room now and I just bought my dads 71 Challenger vert. From him, he was ready to sell but I wasn't ready to let it go. It's been my dads for 15 years and we have enjoyed that car a lot together and I want to continue to do that for years to come.

Very cool to hear that story on your dads car and I don't blame you for keeping that one with that kind of history.

This car I found on FABO it wasnt as far as I know listed on craigslist. The car is I think a yellow body car or spring time yellow I think is what they called it in 67 or something like that. The car is not to bad but it needs quarters, fenders or work the fenders, doors and I'm sure a lot more.

Do you have links to those other cars? If so can you post them or pm them to me? I did find a 73 Ralley Charger black on black original 440 car that looks nice.

If I don't buy something rare or isn't a real deal car I'm going to hot rod it out and have fun with it. Like if I find an R/T, Bee, GTX, Road Runner, GT, GTS, Demon 340 or any 340 car I will restory it what it should be. If I find any 318 or slant six cars I will mod them. So I'm just looking for something fun.

I also saw a 73 Road Runner 340 4spd on ebay buy it now for 8K I think thats a little high but those are starting to pick up and this is a survivor car in petty blue. I'm watching that one and I will see what happens.

I have till August and then I will be out of school and back in the work force so I will have a better budget and may just go with a done car. I have also been toying with the idea of what ever I buy making it my daily driver no just show car. The winter I would have an old truck or SUV something if it snows.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Here's the `70 Challenger. Notice it has power wndows in addition to being an R/T S/E 4spd car. I haven't called on this one yet although he did just recently drop his price by a third.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3358751249.html
Same owner on this `67 X. Kool old race car and he just dropped the price to 10K on this one too. I would love to go see both of these cars but I just can't swing it right now so why torture myself!
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3312072818.html

You've seen the `71 Bee I have for sale, right?
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3354104082.html

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Here's the `70 Challenger. Notice it has power wndows in addition to being an R/T S/E 4spd car. I haven't called on this one yet although he did just recently drop his price by a third.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3358751249.html
Same owner on this `67 X. Kool old race car and he just dropped the price to 10K on this one too. I would love to go see both of these cars but I just can't swing it right now so why torture myself!
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3312072818.html

You've seen the `71 Bee I have for sale, right?
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/3354104082.html

Out of all of them your 71 Bee would be the one I would buy if I had that much cash. I love the 71s and I have looked at your Bee in adds I just didn't know it was yours.

How is the hood on it? How about the back window area? Firewall?

Does it needs full quarters, trunk pan, trunk extensions and wheelhousing? Also how about the floor pans inside the car?

I'm drooling over it and wish I had more money. That would be an awesome car restored. I had a 7- Challenger R/T that was a 3spd car and it was dealer ordered with no options and no stripes and if I remember right no console. That one was ordered to be a street racer and strip car.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Hood is good and it's solid around the back window. Doesn't need full quarters, just lower patchwork and around the wheel opening. Driver's foot well is the only interior pan that needs replacing and there's some rot around the base of the A-pillar where it meets the rocker there too. I would put a trunk pan and extensions in it and I'm sure it will need some wheelhouse patchwork as well. There are a few thin spots on the rear rails and the torsion bar anchor but nothing that would warrent replacement. Inner and outer rockers need patchwork at the rear as well. Otherwise the car is pretty solid and is a great candidate for a resto. I have videos of the engine running in a different car and it has low miles on a rebuild that was done quite some years ago. I need to put those out on youtube and post a link to them over on FBBO.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Hood is good and it's solid around the back window. Doesn't need full quarters, just lower patchwork and around the wheel opening. Driver's foot well is the only interior pan that needs replacing and there's some rot around the base of the A-pillar where it meets the rocker there too. I would put a trunk pan and extensions in it and I'm sure it will need some wheelhouse patchwork as well. There are a few thin spots on the rear rails and the torsion bar anchor but nothing that would warrent replacement. Inner and outer rockers need patchwork at the rear as well. Otherwise the car is pretty solid and is a great candidate for a resto. I have videos of the engine running in a different car and it has low miles on a rebuild that was done quite some years ago. I need to put those out on youtube and post a link to them over on FBBO.

Yeah that car would sell with some video of it and the motor. I hate to say it but ebay I'm sure would get the full asking price and more. THat would be a great car to restore.

Back