• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Momo steering wheel adapter

missmopar70

Reaction score
hey y’all

I’ve searched through this website and others and haven’t found the answer I’m looking for so here goes.

I’m looking to install a 6 bolt momo steering wheel but can’t find anywhere that will tell me what adapter to use. Has anyone installed a momo on their mopar?

I have a 70 challenger and just put in corbeau seats. The crush can pushes the steering wheel too forward for me to be comfortable. Looking to move the steering wheel closer to the dash by around 2”

NoCar340

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the Momo wheel, but a factory A/B-body Tuff wheel adapter is about half the length of the E-body crush can. Prettier, too... no bellows.

70chall440

Reaction score
Hate to say it but I do not think they make a direct bolt on kit, at least I've never seen one. I installed a similar wheel on my Cuda and I had to built an adapter ring.

DaveBob

Reaction score
hey y’all

I’ve searched through this website and others and haven’t found the answer I’m looking for so here goes.

I’m looking to install a 6 bolt momo steering wheel but can’t find anywhere that will tell me what adapter to use. Has anyone installed a momo on their mopar?

I have a 70 challenger and just put in corbeau seats. The crush can pushes the steering wheel too forward for me to be comfortable. Looking to move the steering wheel closer to the dash by around 2”
I installed a Momo wheel on my 70 Cuda. The only adapter that was available, made by Flaming River, was not well made, so I ended up making my own adapter. But, the adapter mounts to the OEM steering wheel location, so it wouldn't change location as much as you want. The new wheel moves toward the driver by the thickness of the adapter, .625, but the Momo wheel has about .625 less dish than the OEM wheel, so the overall effect is that the new wheel is almost exactly where the OEM wheel was, with respect to its relative location to the driver. I can provide pictures if you want. Speaking of pictures, I would be interested to see how the Corbeau seats look in your car. To do what you want to do with the wheel, I think you would have to make a shorter version of the collapsible section. Another possibility would be if the Tuff Wheel adapter (collapsible section), for cars that did not have the E-body collapsible section, is shorter than the E-body version and could be swapped for it, such as the one for A-Bodies. But, you would still need an adapter from the Tuff Wheel style mount to a 70mm six bolt pattern.

DaveBob

Reaction score
hey y’all

Missmopar70 - Check out the NRG short hub adapter. I recall that NRG uses the same 70mm six bolt pattern as Momo, so this short adapter may be your answer.
NRG Short Hub.PNG

missmopar70

Reaction score
I installed a Momo wheel on my 70 Cuda. The only adapter that was available, made by Flaming River, was not well made, so I ended up making my own adapter. But, the adapter mounts to the OEM steering wheel location, so it wouldn't change location as much as you want. The new wheel moves toward the driver by the thickness of the adapter, .625, but the Momo wheel has about .625 less dish than the OEM wheel, so the overall effect is that the new wheel is almost exactly where the OEM wheel was, with respect to its relative location to the driver. I can provide pictures if you want. Speaking of pictures, I would be interested to see how the Corbeau seats look in your car. To do what you want to do with the wheel, I think you would have to make a shorter version of the collapsible section. Another possibility would be if the Tuff Wheel adapter (collapsible section), for cars that did not have the E-body collapsible section, is shorter than the E-body version and could be swapped for it, such as the one for A-Bodies. But, you would still need an adapter from the Tuff Wheel style mount to a 70mm six bolt pattern.
Here are the seats in the car. She’s obviously a work in progress! 😬

Attachments

• 4F406175-7014-42BB-B314-CBE8CB1B092F.jpeg
    4F406175-7014-42BB-B314-CBE8CB1B092F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 189
  • 948EB065-2288-4FFA-BCB8-67525985C821.jpeg
    948EB065-2288-4FFA-BCB8-67525985C821.jpeg
    850.3 KB · Views: 176

DaveBob

Reaction score
Here are the seats in the car. She’s obviously a work in progress! 😬
The Corbeau seats look great in your car! Of all the aftermarket seats I have researched, the ones made by Corbeau seem to have a shape that is closer to stock and look better than most of the other choices.

Every car is a work in progress if it is owned by a person who enjoys modifying and improving it. My Cuda has been a work in progress for as long as I have owned it, and that is now 44 years. The problem is that I need time, space and money, and never have all three at the same time. And, if I gain one I lack, I lose one of the others.

Did you decide on an adapter for the Momo wheel? Will the NRG adapter work?

missmopar70

Reaction score
The Corbeau seats look great in your car! Of all the aftermarket seats I have researched, the ones made by Corbeau seem to have a shape that is closer to stock and look better than most of the other choices.

Every car is a work in progress if it is owned by a person who enjoys modifying and improving it. My Cuda has been a work in progress for as long as I have owned it, and that is now 44 years. The problem is that I need time, space and money, and never have all three at the same time. And, if I gain one I lack, I lose one of the others.

Did you decide on an adapter for the Momo wheel? Will the NRG adapter work?
Thank you! One day I’ll find some nice original seats (I hope) 😄 but that’s a pretty penny and these will work just fine for the time being

I agree! I’ve only had mine for 3 years, but she’s come a long way just in that time. I know what you mean about time money and space! We juggle those often. That’s amazing you’ve had that car that long! Don’t let her go 😁

I stumbled upon one from forever sharp that I’m going to install next weekend. I will post a picture when I do. Thanks again!

Back