• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar action magazine

Reaction score
Hello, anyone know for sure what's going on with Mopar action magazine? Just renewed my subscription then heard they might be shutting down. Thanks

moparleo

Reaction score
Yes they are. I heard they will shutdown in August. It is the publisher, Harris Publishing who publish many different types of magazines that are pulling the plug. I got a notice that there is a lawsuit against Harris that wanted me to join in the action with proof that they didn't fulfill their subscription obligations.

340challconvert

Reaction score
I always found them to be a great source for technical information
Rick Ehrenberg has done some really great projects that highlighted upgrades available for our cars.
This is sad.
Dino2 (1).gif

DetMatt1

Reaction score
It's been years since I subscribed to that one and I just let my Mopar Muscle subscription lapse and I likely won't renew MCG when it comes up either. I just don't make time to read them anymore so they go into boxes with my entire Mopar magazine collection starting with the premier issues of Chrysler Power and Mopar Performance.

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
Well, make time ! I find it hard to read all of the different magazines that I subscribe to, but I like to support the different companies that publish subjects that interest me. Besides, it makes good reading material for my grandsons who are approaching their teen years. The companies that support our hobby need us to support them. Mopar no car.

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Breaks my heart, My favorite was High Performance Mopar and Mopar Action. Both are now gone. The old dinosaurs like us are a dying breed I guess, with the internet being the go to for your info and stories. Mopar Muscle died the day Johnny Hunkins took it over, what a dousche.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Well, make time ! I find it hard to read all of the different magazines that I subscribe to, but I like to support the different companies that publish subjects that interest me. Besides, it makes good reading material for my grandsons who are approaching their teen years. The companies that support our hobby need us to support them. Mopar no car.
Well said Leo! I just could no longer justify getting 2 magazines that I don't make time to read anymore especially with their decreasing content, They're getting thinner in pages. Maybe I'll keep getting MCG. That one I had renewed for 5 years several years back so I'm not even sure when my subscription will end.

Reaction score
I don't see exactly how "the Internet" can be the go to for features and stories, and let us know about new restoration parts etc. Seems to me the magazines did a pretty good coverage job on the Mopar meets, and tech articles. Maybe it's just me but I live a long way from all the major Mopar meets,(British Columbia) it was always nice to see what's happening out there. I hope someone steps up and see's the need for a magazine

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Specific to Mopar Action: Rick Ehrenberg did a great series of articles on improving the front suspension, tightening up steering, and brake upgrades on our Mopars.
For me, I had done a lot of my own work on my Challengers/Cudas years ago when I was a younger man. My skills are now ok, but old.

The articles that MA printed, along with other Mopar Mags gave me valuable information on mechanical procedures, specific parts needed for the upgrades and highlighted what is newly available today for the up-grades.

Being away from working on my own cars for a long, long time: the articles really helped me conduct the upgrades I wanted to currently achieve.

"forebodiesonly" serves the same purpose. There are a great group of people on this site that are always able and willing to share their expertise and experience which has helped me start to put my Challenger back on road (in storage since 1984).
Personally, I am a reader, I research as much data as I can get before I begin a job (be it stripping paint and treating rust, to re-doing my front end and brakes).
I refer to Mopar Mags, friends here and the Internet to find what helps me to work.
I also save much information electronically as a reference so that I can refer to the material as needed.
I am thankful for all these sources of information.
Dino2 (1).gif

Back