• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mopar Auction -July 30th -Virginia, Nebraska

340challconvert

Reaction score
I looked at the link. That is some stash of cars and parts.
I guess you would have to be present in Nebraska to bid and pick up only?
Dino2 (1).gif

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
He has quite a bit of stuff to list on the site like a bunch of interior and exterior trim, look alike space saver tires, '70-'71 340 exhaust manifolds, 340 intake manifolds, '69 383 warranty block with NOS crank, complete 1970 340 engine,1-'71, 1 -'72 340 engine blocks, 2 sets of 15"x 7" rallye wheels, some steel wheels, rallye dash parts, complete '72-'74 E-body rallye dash, pistol grip shifter, auto shifters,' the list goes on and on. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Last edited:

all original

Reaction score
HI
Would there be any way of getting the s/n that stamped on the side of the block for the 70 340 engine.
Im still looking for my original engine and trans. You just never know

Thanks

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
HI
Would there be any way of getting the s/n that stamped on the side of the block for the 70 340 engine.

Thanks
He is on his way back from mopars in the park in Farmington right now,7 hour drive, so I will give him a shout later and see if he can get that for ya, it might be a day or two though. If he forgets, I'll be at his place before the auction and I'll get it for ya!

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
I wish I could help ya out but I'm already doin that for a local guy who is good friend and has to work that day and interested in a lot of stuff plus I will be trying to buy some stuff myself and I will be probably helping the owner with several things also, so I gonna probably be probably too busy to help ya, and knowing Nebraska weather in the end of July, the heat index will be 105 and the local beer joint has really cold beer , so I'm probably gonna be to busy, Sorry man , Just drive on out! Plus I would hate to bid on something for someone that didn't meet their expectations, I'm sure you understand that.

DALTON

Reaction score
I wish I could help ya out but I'm already doin that for a local guy who is good friend and has to work that day and interested in a lot of stuff plus I will be trying to buy some stuff myself and I will be probably helping the owner with several things also, so I gonna probably be probably too busy to help ya, and knowing Nebraska weather in the end of July, the heat index will be 105 and the local beer joint has really cold beer , so I'm probably gonna be to busy, Sorry man , Just drive on out! Plus I would hate to bid on something for someone that didn't meet their expectations, I'm sure you understand that.
Totally get it... thanks for the heads up on the auction!

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
HI

Thanks[/QUOTE

Casting date is 7/2/70, Vin is 1E121423, so this motor would be for a 1971 car.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Casting date is 7/2/70, Vin is 1E121423, so this motor would be for a 1971 car.

The engine could have been put into a late 1970 car, but it would have been close with the typical August 1st new model year production date.

Need to check the front of the block on the driver's side of the engine, right below the lip of the cylinder head.
F would indicate a 1970 model year engine.
G would indicate a 1971 model year engine
Typical number would be FW340 P
F = model year 1970, W would be the Windsor Plant, 340 and P = Premium fuel. The next 4 numbers would be the build date code.

You need to look at the casting date (side of engine) and the engine build date on the front as described.
Is it an F or G assembly date? Possible to be for either model year.
Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

KZ4406

Reaction score
He has quite a bit of stuff to list on the site like a bunch of interior and exterior trim, look alike space saver tires, '70-'71 340 exhaust manifolds, 340 intake manifolds, '69 383 warranty block with NOS crank, complete 1970 340 engine,1-'71, 1 -'72 340 engine blocks, 2 sets of 15"x 7" rallye wheels, some steel wheels, rallye dash parts, complete '72-'74 E-body rallye dash, pistol grip shifter, auto shifters,' the list goes on and on. If anyone has any questions let me know.
Do you know if he has a full set of 15x7 rallye wheels with matching date codes? I am interested in Oct/Non 1969 - thanks

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
Do you know if he has a full set of 15x7 rallye wheels with matching date codes? I am interested in Oct/Non 1969 - thanks
Ok I need to clarify the rallye wheels. I posted earlier that he had 2 sets of 15x7 rallye wheels. He let me know last night that he has 1 set of 15x7 ,which 2 have the same date code but that all four are '70-'71 wheels. He thought he had a second set but upon closer inspection realized that they were 15x6.5 wheels.

Back