• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

mopar performance inlet manifold spacer plates

aussiecuda

Reaction score
Does anybody know how thick the inlet manifold spacer plates are for MP stage v big block cylinder heads.

aussiecuda

Reaction score
I thought if you use the stage v heads on a RB you used a RB inlet manifold and had to use the spacers,if you use these heads on a B block you used a RB manifold with no spacers.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I wonder if he is talking about the Alum stage 6 heads which use a RB intake on a B block & would need the spacers to use an RB intake with an RB block due to the raised intake port design , This is what I figured he was talking about .

aussiecuda

Reaction score
my mistake, Chryo psycho is correct that is what I meant.The reason I am asking about the thickness is on a friends 70 challenger we are fitting an offenhauser duel quad manifold from a 383 to a 440.It may seem strange but we have everything available.If the spacers were thick enough it would save a lot of machining for me.The manifold is an early low rise one which sits the carbs perfectly in his TA scoop.

aussiecuda

Reaction score
moparleo you are right a single 4 barrel would be easier but I like a challenge.What I haven't told you is I have had this intake running sweet before on a 383.The carbs are 600 vac secondary holleys.I have made linkages up so it runs on the rear carb and starts to open the front carb by half throttle.All barrels are open at full throttle.Works similar to a 6 pack setup.great economy while driving normally.Decided to put it on a 440 to see how good it would go.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
the spacer plates will work fine , the difference between the the intake widths is equal between the 383 to 440 intake & the 440 intake to the stage 6 heads on an RB engine

aussiecuda

Reaction score
Thanks for that Chryco Psycho,it is cheaper for me to buy the spacers and have them shipped to Australia than buy the aluminium flat bar.Was quote 250 dollars just for the aluminium,the machining I would do myself.

Back