• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Mr. Norm Car Questions

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I found a 1969 Dart with a 340 and a 4 speed. I have asked the owner to send me more pictures, fender tag and any info he can on the car. I have asked about the history.

The car has a Mr. Norms decal (old been there for years) on what looks to be the original paint. The decal is located on drivers side trunk lid.

My question is, how do I find out if it's a real Mr. Norms 340 4spd Dart?

I know there was a fire that destored a lot of the original files from the dealer ship. I used to know a guy who had a 1972 GSS Demon and had the name of the person who had all the records.

So any help you can give me on what to ask, how to find out, who to talk and what clues it would be a fake mr. Norm car would be great.

If it is not real I'm still interested in the car if it is a real 340 4spd car and how solid it is, if it's rusted I will pass on it for the price of 4K.

Thanks everyone.

burntorange70

Reaction score
There must be a way to find out what dealer sold the car originally. DMV records maybe. Ask him if he has any paper work. My Dart came with a old warranty card that says the dealer it was first sold from on it.

The sticker on the trunk is a good sign but not a 100% thing.

I would not think what dealer sold it would make a difference in any thing. Cool factor is about it.

Like you said. I would be looking more in to making sure it is a factory 340 4 speed car that is not past your ability to restore. Though 4K for a 340 4 speed is a very good deal if it is in nice shape. The price tells me it could very well need a lot of work.

Good luck. Let us know how she turns out looking.

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
There must be a way to find out what dealer sold the car originally. DMV records maybe. Ask him if he has any paper work. My Dart came with a old warranty card that says the dealer it was first sold from on it.

The sticker on the trunk is a good sign but not a 100% thing.

I would not think what dealer sold it would make a difference in any thing. Cool factor is about it.

Like you said. I would be looking more in to making sure it is a factory 340 4 speed car that is not past your ability to restore. Though 4K for a 340 4 speed is a very good deal if it is in nice shape. The price tells me it could very well need a lot of work.

Good luck. Let us know how she turns out looking.

The car needs a full restoration and I got the vin number tonight its a P code and I think that is 340 in 69 but no fender tag it is missing as well as the build sheet.

I also heard from Mr. Norm and got the number to call and see if there is dealer paper work on it. I think for the work it needs its beyond me right now...maybe and the price is a little high.

I'm going to give Larry (cant remember last name) a call and see if it was a Mr. Norms car and if he has any paper work. The decal is very aged as if it was original I will post a pic.

5Ie5E55Ff3Gd3mf3J7c8ue5d6bc8e24ff16ba.jpg

CoronetRTguy

Reaction score
No fender tag is a big hit on it. What dealer it was sold from will not make up for that.

Very true and I've heard the car could be a re-body from another member on another board said something to the fact of the trunk lid and something else was put on this car and at one time it had two or three fender tags with it but no one could ever get them.

I did learn that the vin number is a real Norms car from another member but with out looking at hidden vins it sounds like way to many red flags.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
P code ?
As in LP23
or LM23P?
5th digit H is a 340 , Lis a 383 magnum , M is a 440 Magnum never heard of a P code

burntorange70

Reaction score
P code ?
As in LP23
or LM23P?
5th digit H is a 340 , Lis a 383 magnum , M is a 440 Magnum never heard of a P code

They changed the code system up some starting in 1970.

H code in 5th digit would be correct for a 340 car 1970 and on.

P code was used for the 340 1969 and back.

H code in 1969 would be a 383.

Back