• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Challenger T/A options questions for my 1971 Demon

flamesoldier

Reaction score
Hi guys Im from the forabodies forum in hopes for a little E body guys help. I have a 1971 Dodge Demon 340 that I am building as a T/A package car. I want to add all the T/A options as if you could order it on the Demon/Duster too. I have most of the list accomplished but I cant find what shocks were used which brand and type. I have The sales brochure for the T/A Challenger had the following options which lists special heavy duty springs and heavy duty shocks. I installed Eaton heavy duty springs on the back but what shocks do i get? The bold text is what i have from the T/A package already and need the rest.

- 340 6 pack intake

-HD 4 speed with hurst pistol grip or 727
- HD "trans am" suspension that includes front and rear sway bar and "special" heavy duty springs and heavy duty shocks

-Hi flow cast iron exhaust manifolds

- side transverse flow dual exhaust

- rear spoiler

- eyebrow front spoiler

- fiberglass hood (will be doing six pack hood)

- non-glare fender tops and grille (matte black)

- TA side stripes (had custom made for demon side)

- front disc brakes (have 4 wheel disc)

-fast ratio power steering box

- sure grip differential 8-3/4 3.55 or 3.91

Xcudame

Reaction score
For your shock question, if it was me, I'd just get some Blistein shocks and paint them factory black.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
To start the shock lengths are different.
70-74 Challenger
Extended Length (IN)22.64
Compressed Length (IN)13.98
Stroke Length (IN)8.66
Dust Cover IncludedYes
Rebound StopNo
Compressed Bump StopNo
Upper Mount TypeE2(12.8x41.3)
Lower Mount TypeE1-L/E(17.5)

70-71 Dart
KYB KG5511 Specifications
Extended Length (IN)21.57
Compressed Length (IN)13.39
Stroke Length (IN)8.19
Dust Cover IncludedYes
Rebound StopNo
Compressed Bump StopNo
Upper Mount TypeE1-L/E(17.5)
Lower Mount TypeE1-L/E(17.5)

Last edited:

flamesoldier

Reaction score
i know i cant use challenger shocks, im just trying to find the brand they used if they did if not i will get a solid sport shock

Xcudame

Reaction score
The Chrysler shocks all had (have?) "ORIFLOW" and "MADE IN U.S.A.". Oriflow shocks were better than anything GM and Ford had back in the day.

moparleo

Reaction score
T/A

D70-25-2 page1.jpg

D70-25-2 page2.jpg

Cuda_mark

Reaction score
That is going to be a cool ride when you are done. The factory should have offered that!

Frank Castle

Reaction score
Hi guys Im from the forabodies forum in hopes for a little E body guys help. I have a 1971 Dodge Demon 340 that I am building as a T/A package car. I want to add all the T/A options as if you could order it on the Demon/Duster too. I have most of the list accomplished but I cant find what shocks were used which brand and type. I have The sales brochure for the T/A Challenger had the following options which lists special heavy duty springs and heavy duty shocks. I installed Eaton heavy duty springs on the back but what shocks do i get? The bold text is what i have from the T/A package already and need the rest.

- 340 6 pack intake

- HD "trans am" suspension that includes front and rear sway bar and "special" heavy duty springs and heavy duty shocks

- rear spoiler

- eyebrow front spoiler

the fender tops were NOT matte black painted body color

Xcudame

Reaction score
Good catch Frank! I believe it was the AAR Cuda's that had the fender tops painted black! Challengers where body color!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Good catch Frank! I believe it was the AAR Cuda's that had the fender tops painted black! Challengers where body color!
The T/A I had and others. The hood was black not the fenders. Might be a personal preference. I think it will look good with the blue. My self I would leave the fender body color. Paint the fender flange and edge black. Being a smaller body might be to much black. You can always paint the fenders later if it doesn't look right. just my opinion.

Last edited:

flamesoldier

Reaction score
The T/A I had and others. The hood was black not the fenders. Might be a personal preference. I think it will look good with the blue. My self I would leave the fender body color. Paint the fender flange and edge black. Being a smaller body might be to much black. You can always paint the fenders later if it doesn't look right. just my opinion.
Yeah i will not paint fender tops, going to actually get the hood wrapped black

transam

Reaction score

- 340 6 pack intake

- rear spoiler

- eyebrow front spoiler

Here is mine. Still have not decided to install side stripes or not. Looks like we liked the same wheels and tires.

IMG_8378 (1).JPG

flamesoldier

Reaction score
Just got in and added the 340 six pack fender designator decals and just got my six pack manifold on ebay, once that goes on it time to drop her in the Demon

IMG_8115.jpeg

IMG_8010.jpeg

Back