• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals 426 Hemi E-Body CONVERTIBLE Display MCACN 2015

Bashton

Reaction score
We have a TON of cool things happening at the MCACN show this year!

The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show, aka "MCACN" has clearly established itself as the premier indoor event for those of us into Factory Muscle. "The Pebble Beach of Muscle Cars" and "The Best Muscle Car Show on the Planet" according to Muscle Car Review magazine!

We really work hard to bring in the best and rarest cars from across the country, and even outside of the country. I am really excited to announce a VERY special gathering that we have been working on for nearly two years that you will see this year.

426 HEMI E-BODY CONVERTIBLE INVITATIONAL DISPLAY

This may be what i am most excited about;

This is just one of the many features we have for the
November 21-22 show, but boy...it's a good one!

This display will feature the largest gathering ever under one roof
of 100% documented real 1970 and 1971 426 Hemi 'cuda and 1970 426 Hemi Challenger R/T convertibles ever.

There was a total of Eighteen 1970 Hemi 'Cuda convertibles produced for the U.S., Canada and Export, and we have TWELVE joining us.

There was a total of twelve Hemi Challenger R/T convertibles produced for U.S., Canada and Export, and we have SIX joining us.

There were TWELVE 1971 Hemi 'Cuda convertibles produced for U.S., Canada and Export, and we have EIGHT of them joining us.

I don't need to hype this, as it certainly speaks for itself.

In addition to the cars, many of the owners will be joining us along with their families. The stories that will be told and the amount of shared knowledge that will be in the building may never happen again. Many of these folks rarely, if ever, show these cars in a public setting and many have owned their cars for many, many years.

We are truly honored to be able to be a part of this historical gathering.

This is just one of the many things we have going on for the show this year. We also have 14 Premier Unveilings of some very significant cars. this includes the following Mopars;

1. 1965 Mr. 5&50 Plymouth Drag car
2. 1971 In Violet Hemi 'cuda, being Restored by American Muscle Car Restorations, Inc out of Rhode Island
2. 1971 "Last Hemi" Charger R/T, being restored by Apex Autosorts
3. 1972 Roadrunner/GTX 440+6 w/sunroof, being restored by Magnum Restorations, Inc.

As I stated, these are just a few of the features of the 2015 MCACN show, and we have over 500 additional cars joining us, and over 100 will be Mopars!
grin.gif

The show will take place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont (suburban Chicago right by O'Hare Airport) Illinois, Saturday, November 21 from 9 am - 9 pm and Sunday, November 22, from 9 am - 5 pm.

More information on our website and i also update our facebook page nearly every day.

We hope you will consider joining us as a participant or as a spectator.

THANKS!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton

Reaction score
Looks like the list of real 426 Hemi 'cuda and Challenger R/T convertibles that will be on display November 21-22 at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show has expanded!

Hope you will join us for some true E-Body history in the making.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bashton

Reaction score
We ended up with an incredible display that included 27(!) very real documented 426 Hemi E-body Convertibles. This included five from the Blake Family collection, nine from The Brothers Collection and several that have literally never been shown previously anywhere. What an honor to host these cars and the families that own them.

So tell me....did you see the display and get to talk to any of the owners?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this display and the show in general, as we are always striving to make it a "must do" event, no matter what make or model of American Muscle you like best.

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

RzeroB

Reaction score
I was there. I drove up Saturday morning from St Lou and the weather was absolute dog-doo with the freak winter storm that swept in. I counted 22 cars and two tractor-trailers off the road but it didn't stop me as I REALLY wanted to see that Hemi E-body 'vert display. Glad I made it through that suck weather as the entire show AND especially the Hemi E-body 'vert display, was freakin' awesome!

Even though I'm not a "player" and am a mere "minion", I was surprised at just how approachable most of the owner's were. The hardest part was trying to figure out WHO they were - they were all dressed casual like "average Joe's" - which of course they are not. Talked to Cy Behrens (70 HemiCuda 'vert Black over tan interior), Peter Klutt (70 HemiCuda 'vert Lemon Twist over tan interior), Kevin Osete and Charlie Lillard of the Brothers Collection (props to Kevin - he's a super friendly guy) and Dave Blake (more props - another really friendly person). Finally, even though he is not an "owner" I would like to give some props to Luis Miranda. Luis does the spectacular body and paint work for Dave Blake and like Dave, Luis is a super friendly guy and was a real pleasure to talk to. With the way the "players" blended in with the "minions" I could have been standing right next to Tom Lembeck, Brett Torino, Phil Silva, Tad Thurling, Greg Nelson and Wade Ogle and not even have known it. For all I know, I probably was. Maybe I'll catch up with those guys next time cause I will definitely be back - it's a great show.

Last edited:
Back