• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My AAR Is Finally LimeLight Again

HAARY

Reaction score
Over the last few months I made some major strides on the restoration of my AAR Cuda, we finished the body work, painted it and applied the AAR strobe stripes and shields.

When I bought the AAR in 1986 it was painted ALL black. By that I mean ALL the stainless and ALL the chrome had been sanded and was painted glossy black as ALL of the rest of the body was. I have spend a lot time stripping the paint and rubbing out and polishing the stainless and chrome.

But now almost all the stainless and chrome is bright and shining as it should be and the body back to the shining Limelight color that it came off the assembly line with. The hood and fender tops are the non-gloss black they originally were.

I still have some of the side window stainless and chrome that needs more polishing. But I very happy with the great paint job and the new strobe stripe decals on the sides. :D:D:D

AAR  9-1-08 45kb.JPG

AAR Pictures 9-1-08 033 compessed.jpg

AAR Painting Pictures 9-1-08 036.jpg

memike

Reaction score
My favorite year You have been very busy and look at it now

Very Nice HAARY, 1970 AAR Cuda looking good.:D

HAARY

Reaction score
My AAR Project

When I bought the AAR in 1986 and it had 67,824 miles on it. It now has 73,902 miles on it. It has a bench seat and the original interior is excellent and shows no signs of wear.

That may be because it was used for drag racing for an unknown period of time. It is an automatic and it originally had a column shift, but a Hurst shifter was installed along with a kill switch. I haven't changed that because I like it better than the auto shifter on the column.

I still have to put the original exhaust back on it. I bought some correct mufflers back in 1986 and the correct exhaust pipes that exit in front of the rear wheels. But I have not purchased the rest of the AAR exhaust system yet.

PastorTom1

Reaction score
I'd like to know a bit more about your paint job........Who did the work, how extensive the work was, overall costs, etc...........

This kind of info. can be very helpful to the guys as they figure for their own work.....................Looks like a great job! :D:D:D

Cudaman

Reaction score
Thanks alot, just had to go change my drawers as the were full of jizz after looking at your AAR. Nice work man! Who would evere paint that ALL Black?

Back