• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

My dad had to be taken to the ER last night

mopar car lady

Reaction score
My dad had to be taken to the ER last night,had chest pains and I took him in.Did the tests this morning quad bypass tomorrow.The call to my mom,she was worried at first and told her I took him in.She was very relieved I took him in and I was there.He was at my place and said chest pains looking at me saying get him to the ER.It was a mild heart attack with no damage to his heart.I know about it,mild heart attack at age 39 with 2 stents put in,a good friend of mine was there when it happened taking me in.I am thinking about him and he will make a good recovery

Cojohnso

Reaction score
My dad had to be taken to the ER last night,had chest pains and I took him in.Did the tests this morning quad bypass tomorrow.The call to my mom,she was worried at first and told her I took him in.She was very relieved I took him in and I was there.He was at my place and said chest pains looking at me saying get him to the ER.It was a mild heart attack with no damage to his heart.I know about it,mild heart attack at age 39 with 2 stents put in,a good friend of mine was there when it happened taking me in.I am thinking about him and he will make a good recovery
Looks as if they caught it in time.

/sixchall

Reaction score
My best goes out to your Dad here’s hoping he weathers the storm. You didn’t mention his age but, I also experienced the same. I am 73 years of age at this time and my only real medical issues were my 2 heart attacks. My first was in 2006 with a totally constricted Right Coronary Artery, my first stent. My second was in 2012 with another totally constricted Left Anterior Descending Artery was reopened with a second stent. I get around quite nicely and am very fortunate there was no damage done to my heart. Thanks, Al

mopar car lady

Reaction score
He is 68.I was lucky when I had mine at 39,no heart damage and one was due to stress.

fasjac

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers going out for you guys! Sounds like you caught it quick.
fasjac

mopar car lady

Reaction score
It was caught quick,heart problem history run in my dad's side of the family big time.My grandfather dropped dead of a heart attack when I was 10 years old.He was stubborn on things and would not go to the doctor.My Uncle Pat had a heart attack 4 years ago and caught it early too.I knew it get me one day too and was right.My 2 younger brothers are thinking about it now,thought it was a joke at first and is not.Both are heavy smokers,mom and I told them they better think about quiting smoking today.They don't smoke around me,the chemicals in the smoke make me sick.I am heavily allergic to cigarette smoke

/sixchall

Reaction score
My wife and I have been together since 1974 and have been married 44 years. I don’t believe that if we hadn’t each stopped smoking 2 pks a day in 1983 and 1984 we would not be celebrating the 44 years of marriage. In the past 5 years I have lost both my parents 6 mos of each other both in their 90’s, 2 brothers and 1 sister, all younger than I. One of my brothers at 69 years of age had a massive, went down and never came back up. Sometimes I ask why have I been spared? I miss them very much. Thanks, Al

AUSTA

Reaction score
The guy who works for me & good friend said he wasn't felling well so i told him to sit down for a while he also has a kidney transplant
Later that night his wife called & said he survived but he needed a quad bypass after 3 months he was well enough to return to work.
It was getting close to Christmas so i offered him his usual bonus & he said he didn't want it as he hadn't been at work ,after much asking him he would not take it.
Anyhow 10 minutes later he collapsed & went into spasms so i though his ticker was playing up again so i called an ambulance they took him away.
Next morning he shows up for work & i asked what he was doing here and what happened he said they told him it was just a panic attacked ,i thought that makes sense i have worked with Italians for many years & never known one to knock back a bonus LOL

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Had it done this morning and everything went great.Went to visit him after work and seems to be in great spirits.My two younger brothers came in to visit this afternoon and were told they better think about quiting smoking.My grandfather whom dropped dead of a heart attack when I was 10,he was a heavy smoker and this was part of it

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I am Glad your Dad pulled through Ok ,sounds like a good time to retire & turn the shop over to you !
Prayers sent that he remains healthy for a long time .

mopar car lady

Reaction score
I am Glad your Dad pulled through Ok ,sounds like a good time to retire & turn the shop over to you !
Prayers sent that he remains healthy for a long time .
Talking that already,mom and him did changing his retirement plans already which was March of next year.It will talked about later during his recovery with me present.Found out my Cousin Mike which I co own a transmission repair shop with him also wants to be the new co owner of the auto repair shop.My dad is for it and has said it to him

Last edited:
Back