• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

my first E body ever...

gpm6367

Reaction score
883DC1CC-E3C8-420E-9058-D944BD9B6FEE.jpeg
Same set up for all mopar pistol grip shifters/ bezel, grips and shift patter lens.

Ok so my shift pattern was siliconed on top. I need a bezel. I’d it one piece? I’m told I glue shift pattern in bezel and bezel to top of shifter. Seems like Bubba solution.

gpm6367

Reaction score
View attachment 69434 Is this carb correct for a 71 383 4spd R/T? List 4668 and date is 2250 which is August 13th and my motor was assembled September 2nd and car is assembled September 8. I think the numbers line up well.

Damn is 4668 383 auto?

What is that extra chrome piece ? Part of bezel?

fasjac

Reaction score
One goes on the top that the lens fits in, the other one fits on the bottom of the grips. The bottom one is usually ok but, check it out. That pic of the kit is actually not a bad price if you need it all. Like I said, non of the used I ever owned were clear of some type of silicone or glue (not kidding). The reason is because if there not fitted correctly, you may hear it rattle while driving or idling.

gpm6367

Reaction score
One goes on the top that the lens fits in, the other one fits on the bottom of the grips. The bottom one is usually ok but, check it out. That pic of the kit is actually not a bad price if you need it all. Like I said, non of the used I ever owned were clear of some type of silicone or glue (not kidding). The reason is because if there not fitted correctly, you may hear it rattle while driving or idling.

Thanks. I figured it out looking at pictures of items for sale on eBay. I ordered a bezel and will have to epoxy it on.

fasjac

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured it out looking at pictures of items for sale on eBay. I ordered a bezel and will have to epoxy it on.
You may use something that you can remove relatively easy incase it needs to come apart in the future. There is some really bad ass epoxies out there.

gpm6367

Reaction score
AB107E03-7379-4B06-8FFA-96CF24497841.jpeg
It’s the little things that make me happy

moparlee

Reaction score
View attachment 69789 It’s the little things that make me happy
Agree, the pistol grip looks a lot better. Now I know you are open to suggestions, so here goes. That ripped shifter boot would drive me crazy and it looks like someone added a piece of "snap on chrome" on the console top plate opening around the shifter (post #101).

fasjac

Reaction score
Pistol grip looks good. I thought you were already going to change to change the boot. I. May have been chatting with someone else. Nonetheless, you know the shifter isn’t a big deal to take apart.

gpm6367

Reaction score
Agree, the pistol grip looks a lot better. Now I know you are open to suggestions, so here goes. That ripped shifter boot would drive me crazy and it looks like someone added a piece of "snap on chrome" on the console top plate opening around the shifter (post #101).

Yes I am going to change boot and a sharp eye here pointed out the console plate is for auto and likely modified.

Is that plate repopped? Who sells it? Does console have to come out? I’d replace boot at same time.

EF37461B-C933-4A14-A473-1644E380E184.png

C1149E00-8AF6-44C0-9CC7-E0A20CFE8938.png

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
lol, yea I saw it earlier but, if I’m not mistaking, mine is welded in. When you get ready to change the boot, you may be able to trim it and paint it. I don’t know how much it hangs out but, it’d have to be a lot before I removed the interior and cut it off and replace. JMO

gpm6367

Reaction score
lol, yea I saw it earlier but, if I’m not mistaking, mine is welded in. When you get ready to change the boot, you may be able to trim it and paint it. I don’t know how much it hangs out but, it’d have to be a lot before I removed the interior and cut it off and replace. JMO

Does that mean it’s the wrong console?

Where does the tire pressure decal go on a 71 R\T?

moparlee

Reaction score
Yes I am going to change boot and a sharp eye here pointed out the console plate is for auto and likely modified.

Is that plate repopped? Who sells it? Does console have to come out? I’d replace boot at same time.

View attachment 69801

View attachment 69802
Roseville has everything you need. Console, top plate, boot (all re-pops). The console will need to come out to change the boot.
https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/?s=e-body+console&product_cat=0&post_type=product

fasjac

Reaction score
Does that mean it’s the wrong console?

Where does the tire pressure decal go on a 71 R\T?
Man I do think so, it appears to line up nicely. I’m not sure what I’m seeing on the piece of metal in front of the boot.
It was an original 4 speed car right?

gpm6367

Reaction score
Man I do think so, it appears to line up nicely. I’m not sure what I’m seeing on the piece of metal in front of the boot.
It was an original 4 speed car right?
Yes it’s a 4 spd car. I notice a lot of used auto cover plates cheap. Repop 4 spd is $250 . Mine has 3 screws going through top as do used originals. Repop seems to have no holes in those positions. How does it attach?

fasjac

Reaction score
Verify from the vendor first, that it has the holes to secure it in place. It may be the pictures not showing the mounting holes. I bet they are there. I've never purchased a repro on the cover plate. Can't imagine you having to drill those holes. They are recessed chrome screws that should be flat/level with the top plate after installation.

fasjac

Reaction score
Verify from the vendor first, that it has the holes to secure it in place. It may be the pictures not showing the mounting holes. I bet they are there. I've never purchased a repro on the cover plate. Can't imagine you having to drill those holes. They are recessed chrome screws that should be flat/level with the top plate after installation.
The top plate should have 5 holes for mounting screws. Mine does and it’s a factory part.

gpm6367

Reaction score
Ok I will check to be sure the holes are there. Im not drilling them for that money.

AUSTA

Reaction score

gpm6367

Reaction score
Welcome ,Great Color
Looks like your rear brake line is routed under the gearbox support rather than through the hole provided it is easy to hit a speed hump or obstacle & crush the brake line as it is.

Yikes, Which picture are you referring to?

Back