• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

my first E body ever...

gpm6367

Reaction score
56C5D47A-B45B-464D-8984-4BAFACCA58DC.jpeg
36E9FD0C-348C-4049-95D1-1B53496E15B2.jpeg
AMD? Who woulda thought. Very hard to read my door glass but markings are there. I just need a windshield. The 8 0 is August 70.

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Oh, ok I know the glass is original the the 73 cuda in the box. I’ll pull it out and look closer. Just never looked at the glass. It’s always been block and transmissions matching the the vin if it was a big block car. I know there’s date codes on lots of parts but, if I did have the drive train it just dropped the value back long ago.

fasjac

Reaction score
2nd pic - Jumper off negative on battery - Looks like a secondary ground was added. The two small black wires attached to the rad. support should be bolted to the hole that the red jumper is attached to.

4th pic - Solenoid on drivers inner fender well - That looks ok. Except the red wire going to the left should have a fusible link wire which I don't see.

Port on breather plugged - The larger port goes to the air cleaner. The smaller port goes to the carb float bowl vent tube which is on the correct carb I posted.

The heat riser "stove pipe" is missing on the drivers side exh manifold along with the flex hose that would then go to the air cleaner.

Yep, incorrect fuel line to the non-factory carb.

Incorrect wiper blades.

Incorrect rad and heater hose clamps - should be corbin style.

Incorrect rad cap.

Negative battery cable end should be bolted to the intake manifold bolt.

Spark plug wire loom behind the top radiator hose is missing the plastic retainer. More than likely there are other looms missing too.

Incorrect throttle return spring.
That's about all for now:steering:

gpm, get you a fusible (where the red one is) link wire asap. That could cause some real headaches

moparlee

Reaction score
Where? Got a picture of where it should be?
Kinda hard to see here, but it is the short purple wire with a blue/green "flag" on it. It goes from the ignition switch to the connector on the red wire.
DSCF1330.JPG

Last edited:

fasjac

Reaction score
Here’s another. Mine is a little different, battery is under the hat shelf and it has electric fans. But, you get the picture.
Lee’s pic is good.

60CD2760-73A5-49B9-9401-DCBD3E4A3853.jpeg

4C332099-783E-4C86-AD34-98ACF5746B51.jpeg

fasjac

Reaction score
One lead off the positive cable goes to the starter relay. They gray wire routes down to the starter from the starter relay. The purple with the "fusible link" flag is part of the lighting wiring. I can take a pic of the EWD and send your way if you would like??
My battery is under the package tray.

moparlee

Reaction score
Is it part of the positive cable?

Great color! What is that?
Thanks, the color is GK6, Autumn Bronze Metallic.

It is not part of the positive cable. The fusible link connects to the smaller 10 ga red wire coming from the bulk head on the fire wall. On the other side of the fire wall it continues from the ammeter.
DSCF1723 - Copy.JPG

gpm6367

Reaction score
One lead off the positive cable goes to the starter relay. They gray wire routes down to the starter from the starter relay. The purple with the "fusible link" flag is part of the lighting wiring. I can take a pic of the EWD and send your way if you would like??
My battery is under the package tray.
Please do take photo. So has my harness been modified? Can the link simply be added and look correct?

gpm6367

Reaction score
So has my harness been modified? Can the link simply be added and look correct?

fasjac

Reaction score
So has my harness been modified? Can the link simply be added and look correct?
Most all of these old cars ( wiring) have been modified and jacked with over the years. Unless you can inspect it and make sure it’s in order, you don’t know. What was obvious were the fusible link wires off the starter relay. It could work and have no issues forever. But, they need to be there incase too much voltage is generating. Thus the fuse link burns instead of other parts and wiring. That’s all.
05D34689-9579-49BC-9E30-575C2437FA8A.jpeg
i would check the connectors, make sure they’re greased up good with dialectical lube. Put the fusible links in place and rock on.
you maybe able to download a better electrical wiring diagram then this book as there are many pages of wiring.

gpm6367

Reaction score
Thanks, the color is GK6, Autumn Bronze Metallic.

It is not part of the positive cable. The fusible link connects to the smaller 10 ga red wire coming from the bulk head on the fire wall. On the other side of the fire wall it continues from the ammeter.
View attachment 68892

Ok so it seems my red wire coming out of harness should have a plug on it and the fusible link plugs into it and then attaches to starter relay on inner fender well. It appears someone likely bypassed it by cutting off the plug and putting an eyelet on the red wire and attaching it directly to relay.

Does any vendor sell a repop of the original fusible link? Where can I get the plug? I’d like it to look original.

fasjac

Reaction score
I would try classic industries or year one. They are readily available though.

moparlee

Reaction score
Ok so it seems my red wire coming out of harness should have a plug on it and the fusible link plugs into it and then attaches to starter relay on inner fender well. It appears someone likely bypassed it by cutting off the plug and putting an eyelet on the red wire and attaching it directly to relay.

Does any vendor sell a repop of the original fusible link? Where can I get the plug? I’d like it to look original.
Talk to this vendor. They should be able to help you out.
Evans Wiring Harnesses

gpm6367

Reaction score
O
56868075-7139-464E-829C-D1D5695907AF.png
47551503-7A24-4CBC-87A3-4480A3E09782.jpeg
Not happy with the topper but will have to do for now. Fits just not right. Better then that hideous green and white interstate. I’ll pick up a real one at Carlisle and save shipping.

Back