• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need Help decoding my broadcast sheet

GGeesey

Reaction score
Hope someone can help with this! I have the broadcast sheet for my T/A Challenger, but am having a devil of a time trying to decipher what wheels it originally came with.

Under the "wheel" section of the broadcast sheet, there are 3 categories:

The first category is titled "Road". under that is printed either "46" or "48" (sheet is too faded to make it out).
Next category is titled "Color". under that is says TX9.
The last category is titled "spare". under that it says very clearly "81".

Can anyone shed light on what these codes equate to?

GGeesey

Reaction score
Austa - looks like they match. Any idea how your car was originally equipped?

challenger6pak

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the codes are for 15x7 black steel wheels with trim rings and small wheel covers. The spare should be collapsible.

GGeesey

Reaction score
THANK YOU challenger6pak!!!!! It decoded as black 15x7 steelies.
I kinda thought that the Chrysler Corp painted their steel wheels body color if they weren't supposed to have a full hub cap??? Curious why mine are coded for black when the car is FJ5? thoughts/input?

AUSTA

Reaction score
I think most TA's with standard rims were TX9 my body color is Go Mango EK2 with H5K4 with black boar skin roof.
The other TA i have is FE5 with silver Rallye rims,4 speed ,factory 3.9

challenger6pak

Reaction score
You are welcome. I don't know why some are black and others are painted body color. Cody runs the Ebody.org site. He is a friend of mine. Send him a message on that site and he should know. He has at least 1 T/A right now. Tell him I sent you.

jeepsterhemi

Reaction score
From Govier's booklet....

Wheel-01.jpg

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I think most TA's with standard rims were TX9

Yep - all T/A's with steel wheels were painted TX9 black. My T/A build sheet is the same as all of yours = 28 (#2944450 15x7.0 painted stamped steel wheel); TX9 wheel color "black" (Dodge) "black velvet" (Plymouth); 81 (#2944395 14x5.5 wheel w/collapsible spare tire 7.75/F78 x 14") There should also be a #25 in the "wheel cover" box denoting polished (not brushed) T/A hubcap & trim ring w/black painted wheel...

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Not trying to hi-jack this thread but I have a question for all you T/A owners since we're on the subject of steel wheels and trim rings, etc... Do all of you still have your original 3 1/8" deep trim rings?
20170526_124927.jpg

GGeesey

Reaction score
yes Grady Cain - my broadcast sheet has code 25 in the "wheel cover" box as well.

Since my original wheels are long gone, are the repop trim rings (from say, Y1) good quality if I want to return to original appearance?

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I can't comment on any of the reproduction trim rings as I have never purchased any. I do know that the correct 3 1/8" deep rings for the steel wheel T/A's are NOT reproduced by anyone to my knowledge. The trim rings for rallye wheels are not as deep and are reproduced by many vendors. I had my original rings restored by Rick Miller and they came out beyond perfect.

jeff968

Reaction score
All good stuff but the easiest way to determine which wheel came on your T/A is to check line 11 of the broadcast sheet, section W. If you have a "1" denoting W21 Rally wheels then that is what your T/A had. If the box is empty then your T/A is a steel wheel car.

TA WHEEL.jpg

Back