• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Need some help with a purchase and the seller is no longer responding.

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
He is still listing parts but after a PM, email and responding to another ad of his still nothing. Who can assist with this. thanks for any directions

tonysrt

Reaction score
Maybe tell us who. Somebody here may have a past experience with him, also not too favaorible.

heminut

Reaction score
If it's the guy you responded to with the carburetor for sale I can say this, he doesn't seem to contribute anything to the forum and only uses it to sell his stuff.

Rishi

Reaction score
some of us (myself included) can be offended quite easily, so i recommend being gentle and respectful. the deal isn’t a deal until the money is sent.

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
I have gotten a lot of support from members, but still waiting on the seller to actually step up and make this right. He did say to call him, and I did, but he did not answer but did send a text a sometime later.

EW1BH27

Reaction score
Let us know how this all ends up turning out. It could be valuable for others possibly dealing with that seller in the future.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
When I purchase items from an online sale. I use a credit card to recover the funds if the seller misrepresent or I don't receive the item. The credit card company will look at you dispute and return you funds. I will use Pay pal but my credit card is linked to it for that reason. Using you Debit card from your checking account or other. The banks are not as concerned about your fund as they are of there's. Go figure! The only thing is you have a window to file a claim. I think Pay Pal is 45 days. Credit card can be a 90 days, Check the policy for your financial institution. A lot of time the seller might play out the dead line because they know that. Then your at a loss.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
FEBO For Sale Section Rules
Please adhere to the following rules in this forum. Failure to do so may result in your post being deleted without notice or explanation. Repeated violations may result in your being banned from this forum and/or the entire site. You may place your ad(s) free of charge, we only ask that you follow our rules which are in place to make it better for everyone.

We reserve the right to delete any ad or post for any reason or no reason, without notice or explanation.

Parts/Car Seller:

• Ads may NOT be placed by businesses. If you are a business contact the site Admin, Joeychgo for information on becoming a vendor.
    • Have a descriptive Title. Don't just post E Body Parts in the title. Be more descriptive so the buyers know at least a little about what your selling. (Example Title: Barracuda Suspension Parts)
    • No Bumping of ads. No repeated posting of same ad for one week
    • Please try to limit each thread to 1 part unless the parts are directly related. (ie Barracuda Suspension Parts)
    • eBay auctions are permitted, but please give some detail of the item as well as the eBay link. DO NOT post just the eBay item number, post the link.
    • You must Post either an Asking Price or Make offer with a BIN Price. (We prefer you post an asking price)
    • Location (Preferably City & State) MUST be in the ad
    • Please Post SOLD in the thread when the item(s) are sold. (We dont delete ads - please dont ask us to)
    • Do NOT post email addresses or phone numbers in your ad or in any response to an ad. Use the PM feature.
    • Do not argue with others in the thread.
    • Post photos. Photos may help sell the part/car
    • No linking to your own craigslist ad

Respondants:

• You may NOT post commentary in this forum.
    • You MAY post relevant questions about the item being sold.
    • Do not negotiate price in the ad. Do this by PM.
    • No flaming of sellers or their products.

Suggested Ad Format:

[Part Name] For Sale
Shipping from [City, State]
Price: [$$$$$] OR [eBay Link]
Payment Methods Accepted:
[Item Description]
[Item Photos]

Be a Good Buyer / Seller
Pay fast / ship fast. keep the lines of communication open. give tracking numbers, let people know when an item has been shipped, etc. This is all common sense. Treat others how you would want ot be treated.

Disclaimer:
FEBO has no control over sellers or buyers, these are free, self service unpaid ads, so be cautious and careful with your on-line transactions. Know who you are dealing with before you send any money. These rules are also subject to change at any time without notice.

FEBO Moderators, Owners and Administrators are not responsible and can take no action regarding the sale of items on this website.

Businesses:
If you are a business and have a product or service that would be of interest to our members, contact the Administrator, Joeychgo, to learn how you can help support our community and become a FEBO Vendor. We offer several low-cost advertising packages that can be of great benefit to your company. You may not advertise on our website unless you have FEBO vendor status. This includes sending PMs, signatures, etc.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

Robert

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Having read the rule above. It is in their power [FEBO] to delete the individual account. On 3 accounts 1 We reserve the right to delete any ad or post for any reason or no reason, without notice or explanation. They might be waiting for the seller to respond in ample time. 2 Ads may NOT be placed by businesses. That would have to be considered what is a business. 3 No Bumping of ads. No repeated posting of same ad for one week. I do think I did see that. That would have to be fact checked. Nothing saying that he could not register as an other user. They might have a check for that.
The bad thing is actions like this could make it bad for the rest of us. What would the result from the actors actions. So whom ever person or persons cease and desist. For those parties will be SOL and not be selling here. This is how I see it. If you don't like it leave.

Last edited:

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
The seller has started a refund, but not final as this post. Communication has been terrible from the seller. I will continue to update as things progress or digress.

1971 Gran Coupe

Reaction score
The seller has started a refund, but not final as this post. Communication has been terrible from the seller. I will continue to update as things progress or digress.
I am following up with an update. I finally received funds on September 14th. The seller did make if right and then some. The communication has been very poor, but he finally did come through. Thanks for all the support and recommendations. I even contacted Joey about this, and his insight was beneficial. Again, thanks for everyone's support! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Back