• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New fish on the hook, wish me luck.

Reaction score
Greetings. My first and last post was from 2017. I had some very friendly folks here on FEBO try to help me find a cuda at that time. I'd given up after a couple experiences. Now, almost 5 years later, after a random conversation at a moms/dads softball party for my daughter, I'm going to view a 1 owner 1970 Cuda. 340 4sp 8/34 posi. Let me know any buying advice. I'm not new to buying/selling vintage bikes, trucks, and cars. I am brand new to the world of Cudas. I've bookmarked the vin # location finder and I'll start by trying to verify all those. This is a friend's family member and they have no reason to misrepresent anything and it's local! Posting here since I still am very much a noob to FEBO and I was just a "flash in the pan" before. Now I might be a serious forum contributor

70chall440

Reaction score
Is the car being represented as being completely original? Being a 1 owner car it shouldn't be too messed with but then again who knows, plenty of them were pretty severely modified even when pretty new.

I am not into restorations or original cars so about the only advice I would give is knew what you are getting, verify what you are being told and if something doesn't seem right, chances are they aren't. People are strange creatures especially when money is involved and even some of the best most honest can stretch the truth or omit relevant details.

If it is a 340 car, then look for the H in the VIN, check the engine, the displacement (340) is embossed on the side of the block. Ask a lot of questions and ask for any/all documentation. Take a lot of pictures as well especially if you do not seal the deal right away. To that point, its my experience that if you do not seal the deal pretty much right away, someone else will swoop in and get it. Just for fun, there are 4 locations of numbers; the VIN on the dash, the sticker in the drivers side door jam, on the radiator core support and on the drivers side of the cowl.

Lastly, I have no idea what they want for it but understand the value of the car before you go. Do not get "buck fever" and over pay just because its a Cuda. It might be nice but it isn't the only one out there. Everyone "thinks" they know what these cars are worth based on watching auctions and looking online but this is usually does not have a direct link to what that specific car is worth. Since you have experience buying/selling use the same techniques you have with everything else, this is not a unicorn.

Good luck

Reaction score
Is the car being represented as being completely original? Being a 1 owner car it shouldn't be too messed with but then again who knows, plenty of them were pretty severely modified even when pretty new.

I am not into restorations or original cars so about the only advice I would give is knew what you are getting, verify what you are being told and if something doesn't seem right, chances are they aren't. People are strange creatures especially when money is involved and even some of the best most honest can stretch the truth or omit relevant details.

If it is a 340 car, then look for the H in the VIN, check the engine, the displacement (340) is embossed on the side of the block. Ask a lot of questions and ask for any/all documentation. Take a lot of pictures as well especially if you do not seal the deal right away. To that point, its my experience that if you do not seal the deal pretty much right away, someone else will swoop in and get it. Just for fun, there are 4 locations of numbers; the VIN on the dash, the sticker in the drivers side door jam, on the radiator core support and on the drivers side of the cowl.

Lastly, I have no idea what they want for it but understand the value of the car before you go. Do not get "buck fever" and over pay just because its a Cuda. It might be nice but it isn't the only one out there. Everyone "thinks" they know what these cars are worth based on watching auctions and looking online but this is usually does not have a direct link to what that specific car is worth. Since you have experience buying/selling use the same techniques you have with everything else, this is not a unicorn.

Good luck
Thanks 👍 . It's a car that's been in the family since new, no claims to originality. They just want it to go to someone who'll love it and know the work I've done locally with MISSIONmoto. I tried to upload some pictures but I haven't got it to work yet. I'll try again on this reply. I'm getting back to navigating the clunkyness of forums after coming from simple social media sites.

Reaction score
Thanks 👍 . It's a car that's been in the family since new, no claims to originality. They just want it to go to someone who'll love it and know the work I've done locally with MISSIONmoto. I tried to upload some pictures but I haven't got it to work yet. I'll try again on this reply. I'm getting back to navigating the clunkyness of forums after coming from simple social media sites.
I see no luck with the pictures again... Giving up on that

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
:welcome:Embossed on the side of the driver side of block 340./// Yellow pad area pass side part of vin stamped. ///Also on driver front of block. Fender tag,Window sticker and broadcast sheet would also confirm. Transmission also stamped. \\\\ As the target gets further away And behind us it get harder to see and verify.🎯 :elmer:Things just become unintentionally muddled? Trust no one. Believe only in lies. Expect the unexpected. //figures don't lie but figures can make figures lie. Look at or Government!:usflag:

DSCN6149.JPG

DSCN6148.JPG

20190723_173915.jpg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Posting pictures from a phone.Like an I phone.The format is sometimes wrong. I think awhile back That's the problem I had?Or to big.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
I see no luck with the pictures again... Giving up on that
If I recall correctly, the site requires a minimum number of posts for new members before you will be allowed to upload photos? Something like 10 or 15 posts before photos?? Don't remember for sure, and may be I'm recalling the rules for a different site other than FEBO.

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the site requires a minimum number of posts for new members before you will be allowed to upload photos? Something like 10 or 15 posts before photos?? Don't remember for sure, and may be I'm recalling the rules for a different site other than FEBO.
Thanks. Good to know.

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Good luck on your hunt. I'm local and I only know of one, one family owned 340 4spd.
And it's black. Otherwise I've never heard of another.
And I thought I knew of all of them.
I'm not buying any more, if you need someone to confirm anything about it, let me know.

Reaction score
Hey thanks Mr. Cuda. I'm over here in West Seattle. I'll posting here or the other FEBO social media sites if I can reel this fish in.

Reaction score
Sounds good. I'm down that way for some kiddo's sports. If I land this deal, I'll take a look at the FEBO WA folks and connect.

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
From my car buying experience, ask questions about things in general, but don't mention specific cars until you own it.
Now go buy it before someone sniffs it out.
I'd drive to help you, and like I said, I'm not buying any more. But other people aren't so scrupulous. I've seen deals get snaked.

Reaction score
Ok, sorry for the long hiatus from FEBO and my thread. Looks like this is happening this week as the owner is finally ready to sell. Kinda sucks timing-wise as I've invested heavily into firearms this month because of pending legislation by the Libtards in charge of our state. I gotta land this fish!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
The cuda on the line never seems to come about at the best time.
Glad your getting it out of the garage.
Can't wait to see that fender tag. Do you have any other info to share about the car?
pics or anything?

Wise decision to purchase bang sticks.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Let's us know how it goes and if you buy it.

70chall440

Reaction score
Ok, sorry for the long hiatus from FEBO and my thread. Looks like this is happening this week as the owner is finally ready to sell. Kinda sucks timing-wise as I've invested heavily into firearms this month because of pending legislation by the Libtards in charge of our state. I gotta land this fish!
Good luck on the fish. Fortunately for me I am all set on the firearms side of things (actually more than set). If anyone wonders what WA will do with regards to firearms just look at CA, this dumbass Gov loves him some Newsome... If I wasn't so established (and now old) I would seriously consider moving.

Back