• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New Member-1970 Cuda Project

aussiemark

Reaction score
On the plus side when it comes time to have the car painted there will be a lot less prep work then normally required because all the new metal is straight and the EDP coating is a good base and will help prevent rust in the future.

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
On the plus side when it comes time to have the car painted there will be a lot less prep work then normally required because all the new metal is straight and the EDP coating is a good base and will help prevent rust in the future.
Yes, that correct! save some money on preping

Grady Cain

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Holy F that is definitely a project but it sounds like it's in the right hands. Please keep us posted on the progress...

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
Welcome from NW CT. Holy F that is definitely a project but it sounds like it's in the right hands. Please keep us posted on the progress...
Definitely will! I give it at least one more year to finish this project. Thank you Grady!

wayne

Reaction score
Wow, thats a project all right! Curious how long it will take them. Have you decided on drive train and color?

Reaction score
Where is the car!

Don’t make a pretend fender tag. The future owners will assume it is the real one.

There are numbers you can never know that go on it. It’s really the wrong thing to do.

Original tag is gone and it’s no big deal, car still runs the same.

Reaction score
Welcome, I too am in the beginning stages of restoration of my '70 Cuda. I thought my project was tough until I saw yours. Good luck.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Where is the car!

Don’t make a pretend fender tag. The future owners will assume it is the real one.

There are numbers you can never know that go on it. It’s really the wrong thing to do.

When someone sends a car to the AMD installation centre and spends the money to have it restored properly they are not looking to flip the car you could only lose money and why would you want to sell the perfect body ? there is nothing wrong with getting a basic tag made and if anyone asks tell them it was made for the car. I agree if you are trying to misrepresent the car to sell and rip someone off it is wrong but in this case I think it's ok and if you ever decide to sell just remove and dispose of the tag.

Last edited:

Reaction score
“Get a basic tag made” What is a basic tag? No real fender tag is basic. They are specific to each car. If you have to make up any codes then that tag is a fake, a guess, not accurate.

You can tell the next guy. But what happens when you “forget” to tell the wife, family, next of kin, the guy you sold the car to forgot, wants to cash in, etc. Then the fake tag becomes real to someone else after some time.

Last edited:

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
Wow, thats a project all right! Curious how long it will take them. Have you decided on drive train and color?
Hello Wayne,
They say about 4-6 weeks. No idea about the color, rally. Any ideas ?
Drive train, this is what came with the car. NOT original.
I don't really know much about this either. The previous owner said it is a 386-400. Any ideas ?

M Cuda-Motor 1.jpg

M Cuda-Motor 2.jpg

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
Where is the car!

Somebody told me to make a tag, and make it the way I wanted it, but disclose it if I ever decided to sell it. What do you think about that ?

Jorge Cardona

Reaction score
“Get a basic tag made” What is a basic tag? No real fender tag is basic. They are specific to each car. If you have to make up any codes then that tag is a fake, a guess, not accurate.

You can tell the next guy. But what happens when you “forget” to tell the wife, family, next of kin, the guy you sold the car to forgot, etc. Then the fake tag becomes real.
How about something like this:

Nash bridges 10.jpg

aussiemark

Reaction score
A basic tag is one that reflects the basic parts that were used to build a very basic example of a particular model car it is very easy to figure out. Some options are on all tags even those of the most basic models (a BH23G0 car) things like (R11) 2 watt radio it is more common then radio delete or more deluxe radios, (M21) drip rail mouldings, (Y05) built to US specs and so on, then check the basic options that go into the Cuda 340 package they all had dual exhaust with chrome exhaust tips (N41,N42) all these codes would have been on the original tag some codes are never on the tag tyres, wheels, and so on you know it had a 340 so (E55) can go on. What about the transmission? Just study the tags of similar spec cars and make an honest representation don't turn it into a flight of fantasy by adding things you don't know for sure, Cuda's had std dash with ralley as an option unless you can find evidence of a ralley dash on the car don't put (A62) on it just keep it as real and honest as you can this is what I refer to as a basic tag.

aussiemark

Reaction score
If you do it properly there is nothing wrong with it and chances are the original tag would have been more impressive then the one you end up with anyway.

Reaction score
What is properly if you don’t have the original?

California cars didn’t all have N42 chrome tips. All plants didn’t use Y05, this man never said where his car was built, Yes R11 is most common, but we don’t know what the radio this car came with at all. So right from your own example you are ASSUMING things that could/will be wrong. This is why you don’t try to make up a tag.

There is a VON and a date on the tag, how are you to know what it should be??

This is why I don’t like FAKE tags. Imagined tags. Most likely tags. They are all wrong.

I like the Nash Bridges tag, you know someone made it up and it’s fun, it has no resemblance to a factory tag.

Last edited:

aussiemark

Reaction score
413 is right I forgot about the VON if you haven't got that your screwed, you also would need the SPD and that could be different from the one on the build sheet (if you had one)

Back