• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

New member to the FEBO forum.

Mike49

Reaction score
Hello, I actually joined FEBO in 2018 looking for information and some education on E bodies. In Sept 2016 I purchased a 1970 Challenger from some photos that my brother-in-law took of a car that his buddy needed to sell. He was moving out of state and needed to thin his herd of vehicles. I knew very little about E body cars, only that I always like that body style. The car had been in a pole barn for about 18 years. The owner said "It ran when I parked it". It had 3 flat tires, traction bars, and heavy coat of dust on it. We haggled a little and I bought it "as is". When got it home I had a few minutes of buyers remorse but it all turned out well. It ended up being a 1970 Challenger R/T, 440, 727 original U code car. Most of the badges had been removed. I think it was being street raced at some point. It wasn't until I read in the service manual that I realized what bought. The engine is not original, it is a 440 HP out of a B body car per the partial vin stamped on the block, the 727 trans is original, and 8 3/4 rear end. The other body numbers all match the VIN. Unfortunately, the fender tag and build sheet are long gone. I did get it running and driving in late 2019. Photos attached. The first few photos are when I brought home. The last three are from 2019. It still needs a lot of body, paint, and interior work but for now its a great driver.

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

JZVT6585.JPG

Mike49

Reaction score
Thanks guys for nice comments. I didn't mention that is not the original paint.
I believe the original color is B5 blue. You can see some blue on the floor and door jambs.

Attachments

• 70 Dodge interior.png
    70 Dodge interior.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 119

WDO72

Reaction score
Welcome from Northern California! Cool car. Awesome stripe on back! Always liked them.

Back