• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Newbie at restoration - Where do I start with this project - I have parts everywhere ! interior ? exterior ?

Bama-man

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great advice the engine, running gear and fuel system, exhaust system, wiring in the engine compartment was installed before I purchased it. I just started Saturday installing the front grille, front and rear bumper, front and rear valance. I'm going to install the dash assembly next w/ instrument panel wiring, etc... BTW this is the 2nd car I have restored 1st was a 66 mustang for my oldest sons 16th Birthday, also I'm restoring a 1974 VW Karmann Ghia only difference on the other 2 cars is I did all of the disassembly and reassembly unlike this car. I have already inventoried all parts. I have a factory mopar service manual. very helpful.

fasjac

Reaction score
Look forward to the progress. You’ll be fine. Send pics as it comes together!

Cudachuck

Reaction score
All this advice is just a hint of the wealth of information here.
I agree with getting organized and getting resources in order.
MMC Detroit (Dave Wise) books are worth it. Especially the Fastener Guide.
A Factory Service Manual is another must have. Exploded diagrams and sequences are invaluable.
A Parts Catalog is also invaluable for knowing what's 'correct' as much as that's possible.
When it comes time for fasteners I've found AMK Products to be a great resource.
Only thing consistent about these cars is the inconsistency so don't get wrapped around your drive shaft when information conflicts.
Is the book in color? The website says black and white...thanks

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
A little late...

FC92277B-B2D0-49E9-8827-E11ABE568F43.jpeg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

@Bama-man Do you have pictures of your car up on the site? Would like to see it.
Since it's a BH 70 I would sure love to see the fender tag. Happen to have m46 on that tag? Originally fe5 rally red? Details details details........

Back