• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Newbie from Texas......

TexasTorred

Reaction score
Hello All,
Name is Greg "TexasTorred" from Dallas, Texas. Lifelong MOPAR fan/nut. Currently own an '08 Charger SRT8 (TorRed if you couldn't guess:)

Always, as long as I can remember wanted an e-body (70 or '71 cuda). With 2 small kids, it took all of my convincing of my 'better half' to get my 'modern' mopar 4-door in all of it's 13/18mpg splendor if you know what I mean.

Once the kids get older and bigger---I am on a destiny to own an e-body. I'm sure many of you remember the movie Phastasm. (Horror movie circa 1979 --with the "Tall Man", etc.) In it, and the 'star' of the film was a '71 hemi-cuda (actually a 318 that's hollywood for you)........black w/black interior.......I was stunned as an 11 year old kid watching/listening to that automobile and to this day, would love to own one. Like I said it's a matter of time and will-power over my wife and I 'will' get one of those bad-fish in the garage:)

Last edited:

msbaugh

Reaction score
Good luck my friend!
Everyone is welcome here... and everyone has there dreams.
(being an owner of an 08 charger r/t and a 70 challenger) I can understand you totally

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome, you want something badly enough, you will eventually have it. Hopefully sooner than later.

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! That E-body is right around the corner, just keep on being patient. In the meantime get your better half and the kids out to the car shows and introduce 'em to the cars as much as you can. Soon she'll want one, too! :D

TexasTorred

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! That E-body is right around the corner, just keep on being patient. In the meantime get your better half and the kids out to the car shows and introduce 'em to the cars as much as you can. Soon she'll want one, too! :D

Thanks--good advice. It's working too..... Every now and then, I let her listen to a youtube clip of one idling or of course at shows too....

I also try the angle that 'as these e-bodies get rarer each year' they will cost more....See if this approach works as well. (I would love a black with white billboards, black interior 340 or 383, 4-speed w/AC (hot in Texas). Oh, the humanity of it, there's one on ebay now! LOL.....

Take care.

greg

msbaugh

Reaction score
You should come to the car show in austin, TX this weekend!
Im in college station, Tx ill be making the trip. There was a post about it somewhere on fabo and fbbo. Its on sept the 18th

TexasTorred

Reaction score
You should come to the car show in austin, TX this weekend!
Im in college station, Tx ill be making the trip. There was a post about it somewhere on fabo and fbbo. Its on sept the 18th

Thanks for the invite. Already committed to a local show though! Stay cool this weekend in Austin! It's a little warm in Texas for mid-Sept!!!!!!

greg

GranCuda70

Reaction score
Funny Phantasm is one of my favorite movies and I saw it at the drive in when i was a kid!! Loved the cuda but did not like the mini-tubs. Great Classic flick.

TexasTorred

Reaction score
Well, I kept it MOPAR. As I am 'wrench challenged,' I went and purchased a close 2nd to the e-body Mopars ---'03 Viper SRT-10. Had 3900 miles on it. (Now up to 4300, b/c I can't stop driving it:) Love this car..... Down the road though, I still want/will have an e-body (Cuda) in the garage. Here's a picture of my MOPAR dream car.... A/C works just fine to cool my feet in the footwells --as it gets HOT in front of that firewall with 500hp/525ft-lbs.....Car also is ensuring EXXON/MOBIL-1 stock prices remain high as it drinks / inhales gas.......
rightsidetopup.jpg

P.S. Happy Mother's Day out there in MoparLand!

Last edited:

msbaugh

Reaction score
I LOVE VIPERS!!! that's a very cool car. Here they're beasts on the road. The only newer car with out a computer for taming all that raw power

Back