• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

newbie's tale

challenged72

Reaction score
Working on a 72' Challenger, needing the chrome around the grille repaired and Matt @ MCB did a great job and shared technical advice as well as supplying me with a modest parts order. I have found Thomas @ R/T very helpful, Year One seems to do a good job (coupons a must), Kim @ Passion4MOPAR also helped me find the missing clips for that grille chrome and is rebuilding my wiper motor.

The bad side of this coin is so very small but needs mentioning, J!m's Auto Parts has listed a grille clip kit 72-74 (8 pieces) for $39.95 plus $13.98 shipping (ouch), The clips arrived and are clearly not the original style but also too large to slide into the grille molding.
Long story short, parts returned on my dime (with permission) after restocking fee they have made the only $21.97 they will ever make from me.

Fore warned is fore educated...........

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I have read a few neagative things about Jim`s in the past though I have never dealt with him and probably never will now. To me a reputable business would not charge you any return shipping and restocking fees for sending out something that is wrong and wont fit. Just a thought if you paid with a credit card or Paypal you may have some recourse in getting back any money owed.

challenged72

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, I will not be pursuing any further refund, But I will not be calling that vendor for parts, ever.

Beyond that I have really enjoyed the suppliers that I have talked and traded with. The one thing that always comes through is people love their MOPARS.

74 challenger

Reaction score
welcome to the site,thanks for the info. Please put up some pics of the car, we all love pics.

Back