• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

NOS Cuda 1/4's

3x9rt/se

Reaction score
Hey guys , I have a Cuda project a couple years away , trying to gauge what is the current going rate expected to pay ( if you find them), NOS 1/4's for 70-71 Cuda/Barracuda . Meaning AMD's are $600 per side ,I have used them before on another car I have done , and quite honestly , they weren't that bad , fit/finish .
So where does one draw the line for what to pay for an NOS Cuda 1/4 ?
And if I did find them now , if the price was fair , might pick them up now . Thanks

aussiemark

Reaction score
You will be competing with high end restorers working on expensive cars with very deep pockets I mean no one is going to fit NOS panels to a 318 base car when the panel is probably going to cost more then the project car to begin with so as far as the price goes they will be somewhere between expensive and outrageously expensive. I haven't seen any yet but I did see a NOS 1970 Barracuda grille the other day on Ebay for 3k and a NOS rim blow wheel going for the same money I reckon a NOS rear quarter in mint condition would have to be at least 5k.

moper

Reaction score
I still would prefer NOS if you can get a good set. What concerns me is that I'm certain there were sets that failed inspection years ago on the market. It's common for body shops to send parts back because of damage or whatever and it was back then too. So you pay huge money and then find it's stamped slightly off. Then what? I also think AMD in the long run will be a problem because the base steel is not as good or pure as the OEM. We'll know in 5-10 years if they start rusting for no reason with good paint on both sides of the panel. I also think the mopar resto pipeline is on a timer. It will go away once the market is no longer strong enough to support it. I think that's a less than 5 year deal too.

moper

Reaction score
I'm actually very optimistic in terms of my life and things that are not based on dollars. That dollar-based stuff - that's just reality. I worked at a dealership in parts. I know what gets back into the depot systems and why. Plus cars come and go, and the newer generations are simply not as passionate about these old and unsafe (their words) cars. Hope is what we keep. Reality is what we get. My latest model daily driver is a '94 and I still call it a new car because I was in the dealership in 94...lol. If I could afford to get into a car from the 70s as a daily I would.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I'm happy the newer generation don't like our old cars there aren't enough to go around as it is. As for AMD steel I think it is just as good as the original stuff and the people using the panels are paying a lot more attention to rust prevention and sealing then Chrysler body shop workers ever did plus the quality of primer and paints have come a long way.

Back